What will 40 large get me? (GTS only)

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I decided to start my search again as i was getting a little disenchanted a few months ago. I took the advice on the forum and decided to not get impatient. I feel like in this market, 40k should get a good car. I have seen (and was close to getting it myself) a steel grey with 9k miles and good bolt on mods go for around 43k. I was looking at a car in autotrader that has clear title 30k miles, custom exhaust, eibach lowered springs, 2002 wheels and 3.55 rear end and it is a 1998 GTS for 35k.

So would now be the time to buy and if you have any leads feel free to PM me. I will be up front as I have with everyone I have talked to, and that I am looking for a good deal (someone that does want to sell and doesn't want to wait for maximum dollar). I do want to take advantage of this market as I probably will not have another opportunity to get my dream car anytime soon (still single, no kids...i hope) :p thanks

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the classifieds. There is a 2000 steel grey/silver stripes gts for mid-40s w/11,700 miles on it. Sounds pretty reasonable. Otherwise, I am sure everyone will tell ya the same: check BJ Motors. They have some real nice iron always flowing through there. Good luck :2tu:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
40 large? That will only get you a Vette!:lmao:j/k
You can find a nice used Gen 1 or 2 for that. And keep in mind many think the Gen 1-2 look much more unique and "Viper-ish" than the Gen 3's. So, you cant go wrong. Your best bet is to look around Florida. Many Vipers there.

Last edited:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
40K should get you a nice Gen 2 RT10 or GTS in this market. Just be ready to jump on a car when you see it.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check the classifieds. There is a 2000 steel grey/silver stripes gts for mid-40s w/11,700 miles on it. Sounds pretty reasonable. Otherwise, I am sure everyone will tell ya the same: check BJ Motors. They have some real nice iron always flowing through there. Good luck :2tu:

I actually was very close to buying that car and the owner seems like a really good guy...but I promised myself..and bank that 40 was my max and that car is just out of my budget. I checked BJ...and but I wont get a car there for 40k.

But thanks for the responses.....I hope some members here who know of a friend or person selling a good car can point me in the right direction or point them to me. I would like to buy pretty soon!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 330257256266 end time Aug-04-08 22:55:25 PDT)

DSC04996sm.jpg

DSC04999sm.jpg

DSC05012sm.jpg

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as is painfully obvious, the economy is getting worse every day that passes by. it will continue to get worse and worse. if you can wait until off season (winter) i think you will see a massive increase in bankruptcy rates and you will find a very nice car for 40k. put that 40k in a cd of a bank that is a credit union or regional that does not do home loans and wait. it ***** to be a predator in times like this but even lions need to eat.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you said GTS only but if you want a HELL of a deal then buy mine. 94 RT/10 28K miles for only $25,995!!! I think you could live with a RT/10 for that price!! ha Hell save $15,000!!!

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reduced my 1998 GTS today to 46,000. It's in the classifieds. Will sell for 42,000 with the stock wheels instead of the Forgelines.

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I would jump on that one in a heart beat if I were in the market. That is a steal and even has a warranty. I would act fast. :2tu:

I concur. That's a steal right there. I understand what another fella said about waiting until the winter, but you should also try not to pass up a good opportunity. But that car looks really clean.

.Mac Web Gallery

Take a look at that link to all the pictures of the underneath. It is spotless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
both Ray's 1998 and the one with the max care look great but I really just can't go over 40k. I remember talking to the owner of the one with max care awhile back when it was originally posted and lost contact later on. I think I have seen his car on autotrader as well so I will get in contact again.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
stout I saw that viper last night when looking through ebay..very nice but out of my price range. I really am looking to spend 40k max (or else I would have bought the 9k mile 2000 steel grey with good mods from a forum member for 43k a few months ago). I appreciate everyone's good feedback and suggestions but am truly being honest when I say my tops to spend right now is 40k. thanks everyone.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you said GTS, but I am toying with selling my 94RT/10(Roe, Heads, Cam, 650rwhp). 40 large just might buy it!!

martyb

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you said GTS, but I am toying with selling my 94RT/10(Roe, Heads, Cam, 650rwhp). 40 large just might buy it!!

martyb
I have seen Martyb's car and it is a super clean, great looking, great sounding beast!!!:2tu:

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks guys. No, I am pretty set on a GTS....actually 100 percent certain. Hemibeep..i will go take a look at the photos now. I think I would prefer a clean title but if you want to talk with me VIA PM I would be all ears.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
terminator, good luck with your search. There seems to be some very good deals out there on GTS's right now.

martyb

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a red RT/10 that I'd let go for $45k assuming you are flexible about $$ and it not having to be a GTS :D :lmao::rolaugh:

You should have no prob finding a clean GTS for $40k in this market. Do you prefer stock or prefer one with some mods? What mods?

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in December I paid $47K for my 2002 ACR with 4900 miles in perfect condition from the original owner. I'm sure you can find a great Gen 2 GTS for $40K if you keep looking.
You must be registered for see images attach