What would be a good selling price for my 97 B/W?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW I do like the B/W vipers they are def. the icon of the viper world but I dont really know what they are worth because I have not put alot of effort into pricing the gen 2's I am just a guy who has driven the gen 2 and the gen 3 and made a decision on which was right for me. I look at my bang for the buck when its my money being spent and for the same amount of money I would (and have done so a few times now) buy a 4 or 5 year old gen 3 viper way before I bought a 13 year old Gen 2. So call me what you want but the op is asking for peoples opinions and thats exactly what he will get here. And I can assure you all the hype you try to build up on these treads will not keep the price of certain vipers as high as you would like them to be:2tu: Hell dont get me wrong I would love for my 06 coupe to be worth the same amount next year as it is now but I live in the real world and will promise you if its on wheels you are loosing your butt in investment terms. Again best of luck but seriously just keep her cause you will regret it when its gone:)

Welcome to the fringes of the Collector world. You 06 coupe is more valuable because it's a hardtop in a world of convertibles (Gen 3s). All Vipers are minimally collectable and will become more collectable next month when Viper production ends. Gen 2s are all collectable and the compelete production of Vipers is somewhere around 27,000 units or so. Gen 2 s are limited numbers and the ACRs, being a $10K option and very limited numbers are more valuable. No ACRs built for Gen 3s. The GTSs were so popular that they reproduced the rear end and the coupe again in 06 (your car is one of them). Other than coupes the Gen 3s collector options were color, etc.

Ted

regularsavings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see about 1 a month in that range. I linked one a few weeks ago: here

By the way, I think your price of 44k is about right given the upgrades.

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you sell it in the 20's as some of these posts have suggested please give me a heads up I will be there to pick it up in a few days.
Gen II B/W is the next Viper to go in the garage and at that price it will be there sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you sell it in the 20's as some of these posts have suggested please give me a heads up I will be there to pick it up in a few days.
Gen II B/W is the next Viper to go in the garage and at that price it will be there sooner rather than later.

No chance, lol.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Geez, if you are going to insult him at least say "30s"!

And if you want a GTS in the 20s see the other active thread, where you might get a '99 for 28 or so.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960