What would be a realistic price for this car?

ohno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As some know, I'm currently looking for another viper. I don't know much about the srt-10s considering I had a gen 2. While searching I came across this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Car-SRT-10-CONV-/181026930853?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_800wt_1165

Now, I know its a salvage/rebuilt title. I'm not afraid of those types of titles and if you search my past post you will find out that my last viper had a rebuilt title (which I had no problems selling). As I said before I'm not sure what the srt-10 market is looking like and I hoping to get some help on this. The guy is asking $42k. Thanks for any help in advance.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car sits funny, very tall in the rear and five owners in six years. If you cannot see the car in person before buying, stay away. Even if it checks out in person, mid thirties the tops.
As some know, I'm currently looking for another viper. I don't know much about the srt-10s considering I had a gen 2. While searching I came across this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Car-SRT-10-CONV-/181026930853?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_800wt_1165

Now, I know its a salvage/rebuilt title. I'm not afraid of those types of titles and if you search my past post you will find out that my last viper had a rebuilt title (which I had no problems selling). As I said before I'm not sure what the srt-10 market is looking like and I hoping to get some help on this. The guy is asking $42k. Thanks for any help in advance.

OP
OP
O

ohno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, this is exactly the type of advice I'm looking for. I didn't even notice the stance at first.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, this is exactly the type of advice I'm looking for. I didn't even notice the stance at first.
Not sure if the rear tires are OEM, the sidewall looks a bit tall, the aftermarket stripes look like tape, the interior looks pretty worn. Hard to tell more, the pics are small, LOL.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say 30-40% book value. maybe 32-33. that being said i wouldnt pay any where near that.

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow and to think he said, "The wreck was so minor the airbags never deployed." The tires are also the wrong size, which is making the rear sit higher. The mileage has also went down since it has been repaired.

With damage like that it is very possible that the airbags would not deploy. 32-24K is reasonable for the car but you would need to go over it with a fine tooth comb and not be to surprised when the car fails it. If it passes it would make a good start to a track car.

42K is within 3-6K of what you would pay for a clean no story coupe with similar miles.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow and to think he said, "The wreck was so minor the airbags never deployed." The tires are also the wrong size, which is making the rear sit higher. The mileage has also went down since it has been repaired.

^^^^ This ..... Equal This

You must be registered for see images attach

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, if you can get it for a song its probably ok frame wise.
I'd still be concerned about the engine with 5 owners... it only takes one idiot a year of ownership to torch it even if the other owners took good care of her. I'd want to see if its burning oil before buying.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually at 0:54 in the video from the ebay link (posted November 12, 2012) you can see that the mileage stands at 36,942, so it's higher than the 36,745 from the wreckage photos. However, the ebay ad lists it at 36,599 which is a definite misrepresentation. Still, at least it appears that the actual odometer has not been messed with.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries, he put out another one for sale, LOL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...6415099?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a2603e1fb

Right off the bat, he is lying about carbon fiber ground effects, except for the APR rear diffuser, the sides and front are Sarona stuff which is fiberglass and thus painted over, so is the rear spoiler from either autoform or HM. And what is the deal with that supposedly carbon fiber hood being lighter by 50 pounds from stock? Why paint over CF hood? This guy looks like a BS artist to me.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the trailer park in the background. All sounds sketchy to me.... How much does the orignal hood weight? Probably not even 50lbs lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21