what would you do or what can be done?

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a good buddy of mine just bought a very low mile 97 gts from out of state.he lives in jersey and took the car to get registered.when he got there they hassled him on not being able to see the converters ect.then they somehow broke the weather stripping on the door and ripped it off.my buddy was away from the car cause they dont let you near it while inspecting.well when he got back to the car he saw the weather stripping and went and got the manager.manager gave him a claim file and sent him on his way.
now for the worst part
the car had an inspection sticker on the winsheild and they tried to remove it with a widget scraper and cut into the dash!@#$%and left the scrapings on the dash.
my buddy did not notice that till halfway home.when he called to report the dash the manager gave him the runaround.what should or can be done here?this car only has a few thousand miles and was darn near perfect/how tough to replace the dash pad?

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Jersey? Isn't there a river somewhere around there where they test the buoyancy of people like that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not worth getting a lawyer. Yea that *****, fixing the dash is a b@#$ch, I would recommend he just gets a dash mat. I have a really cool one for my RT/10 that has the snake logo. Too bad they have a bunch of rejects that work at emissions.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have your buddy go to the Plainfield inspection center off RT28.
Very Viper Friendly!
Also they had a bulletin re: Vipers and cats (can NOT be seen)
when I was there. If needed PM me.
I have been there 2x with little hassle and great experiences.
Even without the front plate (as long as you have it so they can see it)
Best time is first thing Sat AM.
Also contact the Chuck Tator AKA the "Viper Wizard" about dash @ 914-763-3136.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I give a guy I know $100 and he gives me a two year sticker...show him my license, registration, insurance card, and a Mr. Franklin and I walk away with an inspection sticker in my hand...

No way those bozos are getting in my car nor are they gonna scrape the sticker off etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine