What would you like to see as the NEW Engine for the Gen V Viper?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V10 is passe. I think it should be more exotic, like maybe a V11 or better yet a V5 no bigger than 1 liter. And the motor should be completely automated. It should know exactly how fast to go without the driver ever having to step on the gas or the brake - the ultimate traction control so the driver doesn't possibly do anything that might reveal his lack of driving talent. Now that's what I call a real sports car.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seriously Chuck....put the drink down and step away from the keyboard.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a DIY guy who just put new intake and heads on the car myself over the winter, I 'm thinking DOHC would be a problem. Maybe I'm wrong, but go with #1 for that reason.

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most people seem to be saying:

V10
Same basic framework as geniv
Direct Injection
Dry sump

I think a dry sump stock motor is unlikely. But imagine how low that lower cg would make the new snake hang a curve.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how is a supercharged engine for the "die hard viper guys?" The viper became legend for the look, the NA V10 and most importantly for it's dominance in road racing. Much of it's dominance was a direct result of the huge NA engine. The LS9 has overheating issues when run ******* track.

The new viper has to be NA. I don't see any reason to go away from the V10, but I like the idea of a big engine so 10 or more cylinders is a must. My guess is it will just be an evolution of the Gen IV engine and that would be perfect, imo.

I vote to keep the same engine, just make more horspower.

As far as the LS9 overheating on the track? Haven't heard about that. I was at Spring Mountain running the 2.1 road course for two days and never saw any of the six ZR1s we were driving have any problems.

Last edited: