Whats the diff between pit and gen dis?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I notice a new forum listed "General Viper Disscussions" and was wonder what the purpose of this forum is? I'm not harping, just seeking clarification....

Reaction score
Bonks....as far as I know, the goal is to try to make the forums model-specific. Who knows how it will work out, but..nothing ventured, nothing gained. :) Just trying to get a feel for things. Yes, some will say that there are too many to follow, yet some have said they want more organization. The goal is to find that happy medium for all (my never-ending quest). :)

One of the coolest features on the new board is the favorites. One can "toggle" a forum to be a favorite, or several forums, and then have the board only display your favorites. At that point all you see are the forums YOU are interested in. Some might worry about putting the display back? Easy as pie. Just tell the board NOT to display favorites and all is viweable (and your "favorite" forums remain toggled for future use).

It is hard to evaluate things on the short term, so rest assured that the layout (including the forums, traffic, and user demand) will be revisited regularly. And...if it isn't regularly enough..just drop me a note. :)

I hope that helped. :confused:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's one we've debated for years! The original thought was that there should only be a need for two specific forums (Gen1/2 , SRT-10)... but there are so many questions that are Viper related, yet not specific (e.g. "What is your favorite color Viper", "What insurance company is best for Vipers", "Where do you go for service", etc) that it seemed logical to have another one set up for those type questions.

We'll have to see whether it becomes a "funnel" for all comments (I hope it doesn't).

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte