What's the Difference Between an ACR and Aero Coupe ?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR is set up for the roadcourse, -suspension, tires, brakes, ******** option for some, aero stuff, wheels. The aero cars are just cars with wings.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aero car has no front canard, and smaller rear wing, and no front rub strip in center of splitter

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero Coupe =Has a front splitter and a Rear wing. Rear wing is not as wide as the ACR's. Other then these to mods it's essentially a Stock coupe. There may be some down force from the two parts but i'm not sure what that is.

ACR = Front splitter and dive planes on fascia. Larger rear spoiler that is contoured to the coupes body. These mods help create over 1,000 lbs of downforce at 150 MPH. Adjustable suspension, 2 piece stoptech rotors, and light weight wheels with Pilot Sport cup tires. This completes the package. If you order a "********" ACR you get all that is listed above AND a lap timer, Radio delete, hood pad delete, rear carpet delete, and Carbon fiber Speaker covers in the interior and Carbon Fiber Battery cover. If you have a 2010 ACR you also got a short throw shifter.

Some say better brakes on the ACR but they are the same as the stock Vipers.

Hope this helps. :)

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same front splitter, no canards, rear wing 2 inches shorter on each side (IIRC) with smaller end plates. The ACR has the KW's, front canards, track extension, larger front sway, Stoptechs, wheels and tires. For some reason the numbers 1000 pounds of down force @ 150 mph for the ACR and 600 pounds for Aero and 100 pounds for regular coupe stick in my head.

I was looking for an ACR myself, but at the time I found my Aero coupe in my back yard, literally and the seller didn't know much about it. The morning after I found it I drove 25 minutes away and bought it. I knew exactly what it was. The only 2008 solid Viper Blue Aero coupe.

The ACR I wanted was $22,000 more and several hundred miles away. For that kind of savings I can do MCS/Motons ACR-X brakes, ACR sway, track extension, among other things I would want to do anyway if I had an ACR.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero Coupe =Has a front splitter and a Rear wing. Rear wing is not as wide as the ACR's. Other then these to mods it's essentially a Stock coupe. There may be some down force from the two parts but i'm not sure what that is.

ACR = Front splitter and dive planes on fascia. Larger rear spoiler that is contoured to the coupes body. These mods help create over 1,000 lbs of downforce at 150 MPH. Adjustable suspension, 2 piece stoptech rotors, and light weight wheels with Pilot Sport cup tires. This completes the package. If you order a "********" ACR you get all that is listed above AND a lap timer, Radio delete, hood pad delete, rear carpet delete, and Carbon fiber Speaker covers in the interior and Carbon Fiber Battery cover. If you have a 2010 ACR you also got a short throw shifter.

Some say better brakes on the ACR but they are the same as the stock Vipers.

Hope this helps. :)

I always thought that the ACR's had stop-tech brakes and harder pads?

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the 2010 ACR wing is also shaped differently than the 2008-2009 ACR (gurney flap difference?)? And end plates on the 2010 wing have vent slits. Also 5th gear on 2010s is not as high. Not sure how that translates on the aero coupe's wing for 2010.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the 2010 ACR wing is also shaped differently than the 2008-2009 ACR (gurney flap difference?)? And end plates on the 2010 wing have vent slits. Also 5th gear on 2010s is not as high. Not sure how that translates on the aero coupe's wing for 2010.

2010 Aero package = same as 2008/2009
2010 ACR got different rear wing and end plates, along with short shifter and different 5th gear/trans (as with all 2010 Vipers)

(I have read the Aero cars have different springs from the non Aero cars, however I have not seen any solid proof)

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same front splitter, no canards, rear wing 2 inches shorter on each side (IIRC) with smaller end plates. The ACR has the KW's, front canards, track extension, larger front sway, Stoptechs, wheels and tires. For some reason the numbers 1000 pounds of down force @ 150 mph for the ACR and 600 pounds for Aero and 100 pounds for regular coupe stick in my head.

Pretty much what he said...I also heard 600 lb down force for an Aero coupe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32