What's the FFSA Viper?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s the FFSA Viper?

Read this quote on a GT race site about 2002 Le Mans 24 hours in France, (which the UK region are attending):

"French outfit ORECA will again run the FFSA viper at Le Mans this year. Beretta, Sarrazin and Montangy have all been confirmed for Le Mans in the Dallara's" ???

Anyone know more about the Vipers up for Le Mans this year?

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the FFSA Viper?

the FFSA is the French Motorsports Federation (or something to that extent). it was the blue Viper GTS-R that ran last year at le mans. it was run by ORECA, backed by the country of France, and was saddled with three up and coming French drivers in an effort to promote and encourage the talents of their young countrymen. the entry would have most likely been very competetive had it no been caught up in that nasty rain induced mele of a wreck that took out 4 (if i remember right) cars on lap 3 of last year's race. the FFSA is also the title sponser/sanctioning body of the French GT championship, which you can find out at least a bit of info out about at www.gtracing.net i believe. a viper won that tite last year as well. as far as this year, look for the FFSA Viper to return, two AVR Vipers will most likely be there, FIA GT champion Larbre Competition will be there with one or two Vipers, and i'm sure that Paul Belmondo Racing will aslo try to get an entry or two in there. one more week until sebring, where you WILL se 5 Vipers take it to 2 Ferrari 550's, 2 Vette C5-R's, and 4 or 5 Saleen S7R's. it's gonna be BRUTAL! i can't wait to get there!

cheers,
pit

Reaction score
Re: What\'s the FFSA Viper?

Where's Luc when we need him?
I took French for 9 years, but it's not THAT good!
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude