What's up with the Zaino?

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s up with the Zaino?

I hope I spelled it right. I've always used Pinnacle Souveran ($55 a jar) and the good ($100 a jar) Zymol. The Zymol I have smells like you could spread it on toast. I see people talking about Zaino everywhere. Have you guys found this stuff to be better than either? How about on dark cars? The Pinnacle is amazing on black.

Here's the stuff I use:
PINNACLE: http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.html

ZYMOL: http://www.zymol.com/concour2.htm

Any help would be appreciated.

REMIX

PS: Here's something insane: http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htm

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s up with the Zaino?

mY Car has the Zaino on it and it looks good. I also put on a top coat of

Pinnacle Souveran and it looks good and is fast.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is Pinnacle Soveran, and the Pinnacle Mist Spray...I use Z6 on occasion, when I am out of the Pinnacle spray...My RT currently has 18,000 miles on it... :eek:

You must be registered for see images

If the Vette guys jumped off a bridge...you know the rest!

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have been a devoted Zaino user, but I have since found Einszett. Same class of product... synthetic wax/polish products, but their polish takes care of swirl marks.. zaino doesn't.. just as good a shine and long lasting.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snake Bitten any outside shots. The garage lights don't do it justice!
Looks like a picture from out of a magazine. Very nice glow!

Cheers,
Chuck

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I'm gonna order a Pinnacle starter kit. It may be time for me to put down the Zaino. I've never been terribly happy with it. The swirl remover is a JOKE! I think I put like 6 applications on my car, and I can't tell a difference.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BigC...We have discussed this...but lets review:

Two things are required to "remove" swirls, HEAT and an ABRASIVE...If you want to remove swirls, you need a Porter Cable buffer, some yellow 6" cutting pads, and some 3M Fine Cut Rubbing Compound...

Now...for your red finish...You should consider trying Meguires No7 Show Car Glaze, with Zaino Z6 in between each coat...This will "hide" most of your finish's imperfections and look freakin amazing...You can get the Meguires damm near anywhere...give it a try...the key is numerous applications...

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yeah, and Pinnacle Soveran now comes in a liquid too...Works just as good as the high dollar stuff in the jar, and is less expensive...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First of all, I use Zaino. After reading about Einszett here, I thought I'd look at their website.

They only show one polish as being non-abrasive, and that one contains silicone. Do you want silicone on your paint? I don't. Nor do I want an abrasive polish put on a finish that does not need it.

My .02? If you need light swirls removed, try Mequiar's #3, followed by Zaino. That's all you need.

OP
OP
R

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snake Bitten - your car looks beautiful. I've had black cars for 15 years but I think this time it's going to change. I want either red or yellow. I'll probably swing a red GTS if I can find one with silver or white stripes. Black is just too much to deal with anymore at my advanced age. LOL. You Cali guys are lucky with your weather.

The Pinnacle is the best stuff I've found so far.

I like what the Zymol Concours does but it's a real pain in the a$$ to deal with. You have to melt the stuff on your hands, rub a 3x3 ft space and then buff. After a few hours, the car develops a haze which again must be buffed out. The shine is so deep it looks like you could stick your arm in the paint. IMO it's not worth the trouble - a real pain. If you're in a climate like mine (no breeze, 90 degrees in the shade / 100% humidity all the time), this can be like torture. For a garage queen it might be okay (this is what I used to use on my black NSX), but if you tend to drive and then wax your car alot, this is definitely NOT the option unless you're retired with nothing to do all day.

I wonder how much deeper of a shine I can get from the $1400 stuff. Doubtful it would make that much of a difference.

I may get the Zaino for my gf's midnight blue VW cabrio and see how well it does.

REMIX

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the fact, and you can ask Mike(Moundir) how my black looks like. Pinnacle blows away Zaino ONLY on black vehicles..I used both..But IMO, Zaino products are way overstated..To much time and steps for something that should take one step..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the fact, and you can ask Mike(Moundir) how my black looks like. Pinnacle blows away Zaino ONLY on black vehicles..I used both..But IMO, Zaino products are way overstated..To much time and steps for something that should take one step..

What about red? Pinnacle is supposed to be the end all for black AND red! You would have to be a COMPLETE IDIOT to pay $1400 for some car wax! ***!!??? Free refills for life? I guess that might pay off if you did high end detail jobs for a living, but otherwise that's insane!

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had Pinnacle and liked it until I started using Zaino. All cars look good after a fresh waxing, but the difference with Zaino is that it looks good even after 15 washes, it is super easy to apply, has UV Ray paint protection, and it lasts.

Pinnacle was good, but would get cut up really fast after the first wash and did not last long. I used the 3M swirl remover, and applied Zaino to all the cars and it looks great. As a finishing touch, I use mix of 2 part Turtle wax Quick detailer and 1 part water after waxing to cover any micro swirls that may have developed.

To detail finger prints off the car I use a spray called Clear Pearl (from I don't remember who, but can get the name off the can) It is a carnuba based spary and is excellent.

To answer the question, on black it looks fantastic. I have this link to my cheap web page so far and my BMW and Viper shows the results.....

http://members.cardomain.com/adciocca

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

BigC...We have discussed this...but lets review:

Two things are required to "remove" swirls, HEAT and an ABRASIVE...If you want to remove swirls, you need a Porter Cable buffer, some yellow 6" cutting pads, and some 3M Fine Cut Rubbing Compound...

Now...for your red finish...You should consider trying Meguires No7 Show Car Glaze, with Zaino Z6 in between each coat...This will "hide" most of your finish's imperfections and look freakin amazing...You can get the Meguires damm near anywhere...give it a try...the key is numerous applications...

I'm with Gerald all the way here! I've seen his paint! It's amazing, I challenge anyone to find swirl marks in his paint.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LESS STEPS..Hey BIGCARROT, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??PINNACLE COST $60 DOLLARS, NOT $1,400...Thats the other stuff...

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know! I was talking about the other stuff. I guess I didn't make that clear. I wouldn't be considering it if it cost that much. Not in a million years!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960