What's wrong with the SRT/10 Coupe anyways?

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s wrong with the SRT/10 Coupe anyways?

I don't know what everyone is getting mad at dodge for this car. It's not a GTS, but they can't just clone the 96 GTS model! I'd personally love to own it! Actually, I'd love to own any viper! I'm just curious why people think this car is a disappointment?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s wrong with the SRT/10 Coupe anyways?

the number of those who dont like it are very small compared to the number of those who accually own a viper. i think its a great looking car. i like all vipers. i agree that we just cant clone whats already been done. go to the vette forms and they are all saying how disappointed they are with the new c6. change is very hard for some to handle. for those who dont like the srt or new coupe, just keep what ya have or buy another gen I or II, those are great cars. times change and styles change. everytime a auto maker changes a body style this is what you hear from those who just cant handle progress. the old saying is ( if you always do what you've always done you always get what you always got ) which for some is just what they want ( no change ). i have NO PROBLEM with those who like the viper as it was in gen I and II. however for all the BS that i read on these boards about how disappointed all are it just causes hard feelings among some of us, sad to say. my thought is DEAL WITH IT, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT, IT IS WHAT IT IS - PERIOD.

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG, WE ARE A SMALL GROUP THAT HAPPENS TO OWN THE BEST SPORTS CAR MADE IN AMERICA WITH A PROVEN RECORD.

I'M ALL FOR FREE SPEECH BUT ONE THING COMES TO MIND, WHAT IS AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO SAY IN PUBLIC ( WITH OUT SAYING IT OUT LOUD I HOPE ALL CAN READ BETWEEN THE LINES )

LOTS OF THE NEGATIVE THINGS SAID COME FROM TROLL'S, AND THOSE WHO SPEAK BEFORE THEY THINK.

READ THE VETTE FORMS THEY ARE DOING TO EACH OTHER EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE DOING, I LIKE ALL VIPERS PERIOD, IF YOU DONT FEEL THE SAME FINE JUST DONT MAKE OTHERS FEEL BAD TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER.

I FOR ONE AM FED UP WITH THIS INTERNAL BS AMONG US ALL.

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:
DOES UNITED WE STAND MEAN ANYTHING TO ANYONE HERE ANYMORE.

TOM

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

I need to see one in person before I pass judgement. I wasnt too impressed by the SRT in pictures, but was happily surprised when I saw it in person - and absolutely fell in LOVE with the White Mamba when I saw one up close.

Wasnt this a "concept" anyway - so it did leave room for DC to improve and refine prior to production.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The unique thing about a car company called Viper is that stating your opinion on this board can effect the end product.
CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG, WE ARE A SMALL GROUP THAT HAPPENS TO OWN THE BEST SPORTS CAR MADE IN AMERICA WITH A PROVEN RECORD.
For the most part I think we do get along. People are passionate because the car(s) and ownership means something to them.

The key word in Prototype...

* I wish it would stop raining so I can take the Old Red car for a drive.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipers are the best bang-for-buck sports car around. People have to learn to adapt!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

Vipers are the best bang-for-buck sports car around. People have to learn to adapt!

Actually, they're not. They are the best bang-for-buck supercar around. Z06 is probably the best bang-for-buck sports car, but I still wouldn't want one.

As for people adapting, actually, no, they don't have to. What everyone expects, and rightly so, is a design as instantly lustable as the Gen I/II cars. And quite frankly, that's what Dodge needs to deliver, or the potential Viper buyers of the future will adapt, alright. They'll adapt to Ford GT's or Ferraris or Lambos...

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The pics I saw, I think it looks awesome. After having a Viper of my own now for awhile, I can't say I would ever pay 80 large for one, but it looks great.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

I'M ALL FOR FREE SPEECH BUT ONE THING COMES TO MIND, WHAT IS AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO SAY IN PUBLIC ( WITH OUT SAYING IT OUT LOUD I HOPE ALL CAN READ BETWEEN THE LINES )

I LIKE ALL VIPERS PERIOD, IF YOU DONT FEEL THE SAME FINE JUST DONT MAKE OTHERS FEEL BAD TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER.

WANTED,

On behalf of the emotionally stable, unobsessed and non-flakey crowd, I would like to request that you shut the hell up and stop being a thread hunter.

NO ONE gives a toss that you're apparently all torn up inside about the 'descension' amongst current Viper owners and enthusiasts towards the uninspirational design of the SRT-10, you unbelievable flake.

:rolleyes:

Jeeeezus... Get a grip you maudlin sap.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LIKE I SAID READ BETWEEN THE LINES, NOW YOU MADE IT PERSONAL - PERSONAL ATTACK THAT IS - OH HOW STABLE YOU ARE.

A REPLY LIKE THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, ITS LIKE A CANCER - BAD NEWS - A LITTLE KEYMO WOULD SERVE WELL.

STABLE - LMAO, IF THATS WHAT YOU ARE - WELL THEN I'M NOT THAT KINDA STABLE I SEE FROM YOU.

LIFE GOES ON, THINGS CHANGE, DEAL WITH IT. :2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I LIKE ALL VIPERS PERIOD, IF YOU DONT FEEL THE SAME FINE JUST DONT MAKE OTHERS FEEL BAD TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER.

WANTED,

On behalf of the emotionally stable, unobsessed and non-flakey crowd, I would like to request that you shut the hell up and stop being a thread hunter.

NO ONE gives a toss that you're apparently all torn up inside about the 'descension' amongst current Viper owners and enthusiasts towards the uninspirational design of the SRT-10, you unbelievable flake.

:rolleyes:

Jeeeezus... Get a grip you maudlin sap.

Maybe a bit stronger than I would put it but accurate none the less. Wanted, give it a rest, you made your point. :rolleyes: :usa:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See I don't get what all the brew-ha-ha is about the car.It says viper,It looks like a viper,it is a viper.As long as it has those 3 with a V-10 wraped in it I don't see what the probablem is.A viper's a viper and it will always be a viper.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't have a car to bloat ...:( So I need a signature worth looking at. :(

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey, If you will settle for less than the best than the new coupe can be, than that's just fine. That's your CHOICE. I for one won't settle for second best, when I know what they can do. This forum is for opinions and you should get over it, or go somewhere else.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't have a car to bloat ...:( So I need a signature worth looking at. :(
Fair enough. I'm just messing with you. :D

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

the number of those who dont like it are very small compared to the number of those who accually own a viper.

This statement is far from the truth. Take it easy Tom, we're not all agains't you. :) :usa: :headbang:

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

LIFE GOES ON, THINGS CHANGE, DEAL WITH IT.

Yes, Plato, that is correct. Life goes on, and things do, indeed, change. However, we aren't talking about life in general, we are talking about Vipers. And as with many other aspects of life, sometimes things change for the worse.

Now the novelty about the Viper change is that it hasn't happened yet. Sure, the SRT vert has been out for a while, but the Coupe is a chance for Dodge to redeem itself. In short, ******** *now* makes sense, because it very well may elicit desired changes to the final design.

You're quick to point out that the SRT-10 is the best selling Viper (though I don't know where you are getting your stats) yet you conveniently ignore that it is also the most rapidly depreciating and highly discounted Viper in history. Think that has anything to do with its sales increasing, hmmmm? No, rock bottom prices never encourage people to buy things... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't hate the SRT design, I just don't like it enough to buy one. It's just nice, not jaw-dropping bad assness like the Gen I/II cars.

A few weeks ago, on a Saturday night, I pulled into a gas station before heading to Miami Beach. As a complete fluke, a black SRT-10 pulled in at the same time. This happened in deep south Miami, where I live, and I've seen exactly ZERO Vipers there, aside from my own, since they came out in '92. So all the local teens hanging out at the gas station come over to look at my car. Not only did they not look at the SRT, they didn't even realize it was a Viper until I told them so.

And for what it's worth, I'm not a no frills 'purist' who wants what is essentially a streetable race car. I want the performance of a race car, but I'd also like a cup holder, A/C, power windows, awesome stereo, etc. But I also want these features tucked inside a timeless, gorgeous body that I can't stop staring at, and the SRT-10 is lacking that extremely important aspect.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wanted, If you owned a '02 RT/10, and now have an SRT-10, and would buy a VOI8 concept coupe, than your just a go with the flow kinda guy, and don't have any passion about these cars. Voice your opinion, but leave the attitude out of it, or better yet, go to the SRT forum and speak up there. I like the SRT-10, because it's a Viper, but I don't want a combo coupe, like what they have now(concept wise). So if we voice our opinion constructively, than we might get us a more exotic car, and carry on the viper tradition. You know that the Viper revived the brand, and we want it to stay strong(and DC probably does to). My Grandfather sold Buick's and Edsel's and we know brands do end if they don't sell(Oldsmobile, you know if they called it a Newmobile it might still be out there). :rolleyes:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The problem with the srt-10 coupe is that it doesn't look like the comp coupe. Bruce

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the SRT-1o coupe looks good, but not what I think it could be. The main difference in the aggressive looks of the comp coupe to the SRT coupe is not the rear end, but rather the wider flaring of the body. Just compare the two cars facing front and you will clearly see the difference. I doubt Dodge will make the change for the street version. If they did, I'd get one in a second.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wanted: It sounds like you are trying to do everything to convince yourself that you made the right decision on selling the Gen 2 for the Gen 3. If you really secretly regret it, it's not that big of a deal to just sell the gen 3 and buy your old car back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc