Whats your local dealer saying?

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
This is in another post I put up, but I got a grim look at the future yesterday. Daytona Dodge, who has always had Vipers and sold many over the years, told me yesterday that they sold their last Viper yesterday. They won't be getting any more Vipers, EVER! They are waiting for the Fiats and Alfa Romeos to show up:omg:. I told a couple of people I know that have been thinking about getting a Viper, to get moving on it. What are you all hearing from your local dealers?

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer still has the first (and only) '94 he got on his showroom floor.:nono:
The dealer I bought two of my Vipers from went out of (Dodge) business several months ago. Now all they sell are used cars.

PBR

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there were 5 local dodge dealerships near me now theres 2 one dealership told me there will be no 2010 vipers most likely and if hes right theres still alot of new ones for sale and alot of preowned ones available.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard from my dealer, and he confirmed that (as far as he knows - he didn't actually physically verify) CAAP is shut down and will be for between 30 and 60 days as everyone has been told. He said that his dealership (Timberline in Portland) has been given assurances by Chrysler that their franchise is not in jeopardy today - but things can change at anytime and tomorrow we could hear different.

Let's all hope for the best!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We got 3 Vipers in last Friday, and we had 14 others. We have sold 2 since and we have 10 more at the Plant. We plan on getting all of those, but the Plant will likely be closed for at least 30 days ---- just like all the other Plants. It is always a good time to get a Viper , I would say, ha.:2tu:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Local dealer here closed 2 months ago but they didnt sell Vipers.....I got my deposit back(on my ACR) from my dealer in California who told me he doesnt see the cars being built. He was told at least a 60-90 day closure.Its the 5th biggest dealership in Cali. and he doesnt know if they will survive the BK...He was already told 2010s and 11s would be delayed...
I did get a written first right of refusal at Invoice if its ever built but I dont think I will ever get 80K for my SSG Coupe so its probably a mute point anyway...
Iam so pissed about how Dodge handeld the whole Viper selloff and not even giving some sort of break on ordering a new ACR to previous owners... I get to lose a bunch of money on my 08 because I was stupid enough to order one and I get to pay essentially sticker(after I pay reg. fees) to get a ACR:mad: Thanks Dodge:rolleyes:

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We got 3 Vipers in last Friday, and we had 14 others. We have sold 2 since and we have 10 more at the Plant. We plan on getting all of those, but the Plant will likely be closed for at least 30 days ---- just like all the other Plants. It is always a good time to get a Viper , I would say, ha.:2tu:

Thats good to hear! I would say the day Bill Pemberton doesn't have any Vipers on the lot or on order, then we should all be worried. Bill I have a member here that is looking for a dark blue (i guess like the 96 blue) with white stripes coupe, do you have anything or are you getting anything?