Wheel Chroming Shop

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find one. Too many EPA concerns. Most people use one of the places in California. I think they truck them to Mexico or someplace to have it done. I used LA Tire and Wheel for two sets. $775 plus shipping. They will chrome yours or do an exchange if they have your wheels in stock.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TRUST ME... Don't do it.. Car on jack stands, box wheels up and send to Blaine at CalChrome.. No other shop does this, to the level calchrome does. Stay FAR away from wheels America...!!!!!

Send them to CalChrome!!!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painted or powdercoating can be expertly done locally. Cal Chrome has an excellent rep. and does great work, just check their schedule. If they're busy, it can take a while.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing to remember is that your wheels have to be in good shape prior to chroming. Either because they were that way when you sent them in or because the shop repaired them. Repairs cost more. My wheels were perfect when I sent them in.

Cal Chrome has a lot of positive posts on this site. As I stated in an earlier post I didn't use them but used LA Tire and Wheel instead. I couldn't be happier. My wheels look awesome. I'd check both out. Schedule and price wise. I spoke with a guy named Robert at LA. I'm sure either would do a great job.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hrim.jpg
wheels_dodge_viper_08_H_under2_big.jpg
L31.JPG
toyo11.JPG
calchrome....

toyo31.JPG

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those SRT wheels are beautiful, making think to keeping mine instead of upgrading. The ones on the Challenger, I've seen in person and too much "bling" for me. They have another set that looks like the old American Racing wheel, which I prefer. To each his own.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend Calchrome for your chroming needs. Shane and John are great guys who will definitely make sure that your wheels are finished properly.....Good Luck!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a shot of one of the wheels on my 08. Done by LA Tire and Wheel. It is actually pretty hard to get a decent picture with the wheels on the car. They reflect everything including dirt on the floor. They actually are quite spotless.

You must be registered for see images attach

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USA Wheels
1275 Bloomfield Ave # 14
Fairfield, NJ 07004-2735
(973) 227-7977

has always done great work for me and another member here I know of.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USA Wheels
1275 Bloomfield Ave # 14
Fairfield, NJ 07004-2735
(973) 227-7977

has always done great work for me and another member here I know of.

I'd definitely check out Plum's recommendation. there's a lot to be said about having a local chrome shop, especially down the road a few years when you need minor repairs or touch up work.

OP
OP
R

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to All,I'm going to take a ride down to USA Wheels Saturday to check out some of there finished product and see the facility.If all looks good I'll probually go with them as I like to give the local guys my buisness as long as the job gets done right, Thanks Again
RudeDawg

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell them the guy with the 800plus rwhp viper sent ya.

They fixed a wheel for me this spring.

Easy to deal with.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is, I tried the local route. I used wheels America which was less than 20 miles from me when I lived in NJ. What a complete nightmare. Their chroming people come in at night, because they are on work release from jail (Im not kidding). They destroyed the wheels. And I disputed the charge on my credit card, and LOST. Because I accepted the item back. Well, of course I did... What am I going to do, tell them to just keep the wheels? I'll buy new ones??

Long story, I had to eat their charges, and had to send them off to CalChrome to be stripped back down and done the right way. So, I basically paid twice, lesson learned. Its all about what your expected level of quality is. For me, I wanted the wheels 100% PERFECT... I mean, not a single flaw. Wheels america got them about 65%-70%. The chrome application was not smooth at all. Which looked terrible on my car, that had 350 miles on it, and was flawLESS. Now, if they were going on a older car with some miles. I might have kept them.

Plum, you local guy may be great. But repairing a wheel, and chroming 4 wheels properly, are two completely different animals. But I have no knowledge or experience with the shop you mention. So maybe I'm wrong. But I still would send them to CalChrome. It only takes them about 5 business days to do this work, once they recieve your wheels. So your looking at 2 weeks or so, with shipping time. And its about $750 to chrome all 4 wheels/caps + shipping of course.. And even if the wheels have minor rash, there is no extra charge for this. They will also make sure wheels are 100% true.. And not to mention, VERY few shops even have a tire machine, that will fit 335's.

California Chrome Wheel - Chrome Wheels for Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, and more

call Blaine @ (661) 294-0170. you won't be sorry..

believe me, Im all about giving the local guys business. But this is all calchrome does, all day, every day, is chrome wheels.

Good luck...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped down at USA Wheels in NJ to talk to Dom about my wheels.To repair the curb rash on the front 2,strip all 4,polish all 4 inside and outside,seal, mount my 4 new PS2's and road force balance $1000.00 total. I think that's a pretty damm good price how about you !!!!!
Decided since it's a VOI9 I wanted to keep it as stock as possible and not really crazy about the chrome look.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the owner right ? powerlifter ?

for that much work it sounds reasonable if you wanna keep those wheels

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats a average cost and they can chrome a plastic center cap right? Thought about getting the wheels chromed on my ole 95 Lightning many times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala