Wheels for the track - Need advice

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think about these 17" OZ wheels for the track? What other wheels would you recommend?

You must be registered for see images

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they're that pretty but who cares as long as they're strong. Looks like they should help with air flow. How much $$$?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viperdays event I attended --> 80%+ Vipers were using John Purner wheels. So I would say they would be a 'safe' bet. Your ACR wheels are also awesome track wheels, according to the experts I spoke with, but very expensive.

Set of OEM ACR wheels - $8500+ (Dealer list)

Set of Purner wheels - $2500+ http://www.ccwheel.com

Later

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
He wants $2,000 plus shipping for the set.

onerareviper,
I like the ACR BBS wheels also, however I really don't want to fork out $8,500 for my track wheels.

Thanks,
Larry

Harry at GPM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumor has it that John Purner will be at the Viper Days event at Buttonwillow this weekend. Absolutely the best deal going for track wheels.

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you use the BBS rims for the track and get a new set of street rims? That's what I did/am doing:

28FLVR_jun02_1-med.jpg

I think the BBS rims really help out the brake cooling.

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your advice. I talked with John today. Looks like I will order the purner black anodized wheels in the morning.

You must be registered for see images

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you might give up in cooling and minor styling issues with the Purners, you more than make up for in strength, durability and outstanding customer support. JP's a great guy.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MT Ham ACR
We all know you sold (its a sad day) a bunch of your pedigree sheep to buy those "EXPENSIVE" after market rims

Guys he's just not giving you good advise - go with Purner
Another great feature of the Purners - they are repairable if you damage one (I guess up to a point they are repairable)

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry: The problem with purners is you already have a set of rims that look like that. So what are you buying thats different? Ok, it a nice track wheel, but it's an equal pain in the a*s to keep clean as your BBS rims. I guess one could opt to never have to clean the track rims, but at least that's why I got a nice set of street rims, so you don't have to clean those BBS muthas.

Gav - The sheeps were fully fattened at the time and fetched a fair price, I couldn't complain. And for one who speaks with authority on the subject, would you be so good as to inform the board as to the whereabouts of your purners? A side note: just about any alloy rim can be repaired, but lets hope we don't need to ;-) BTW, looks like I might be late on Friday, I was informed tonight I need to make a detour in Scotts Valley Fri morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS