wheels under $5,000?

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to get some new wheels but HRE's are close to two grand each and forgeline's are a grand each. What's the best bargain? Are there other wheels out there that aren't so pricey?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really depends on the diameter and widths you want. If you venture into 20" rears for example, the price jumps quickly. Since our rear wheels are so wide at 13", this requires either a 1-piece forged or a custom 3-piece wheel. Both can be pricey.

Is that "under $5000" statement a budget including tires, or just wheels by themselves?

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to get some new wheels but HRE's are close to two grand each and forgeline's are a grand each. What's the best bargain? Are there other wheels out there that aren't so pricey?

In many cases, you get what you pay for. Of course, some are simply overpriced. Your best bet for a great looking set under $5k is to buy a used set in good condition from someone who is looking to make a change. I just sold my used iforged rims for cheap - although I wasn't pleased with them, so I didn't mind taking the loss.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really depends on the diameter and widths you want. If you venture into 20" rears for example, the price jumps quickly. Since our rear wheels are so wide at 13", this requires either a 1-piece forged or a custom 3-piece wheel. Both can be pricey.

Is that "under $5000" statement a budget including tires, or just wheels by themselves?

Nine Ball --

I actually contacted CCW after seeing your fantastic looking SP600 rims. For the SP600 rim in the stock sizes (18 x 10 and 19 x 13) they quoted me $2,800 for a set of four rims which seemed very reasonable for such a great looking rim. They also reported that for these sizes the rims weighed in the 20-22 range for the fronts and 25-26 for the rears which is fairly lightweight.

/Rich

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBS LM in either 18 and/or 19 inch. I hope to be saving up for a set myself whenever I am done fixing the rusty areas on my car's bodywork :drive:
They are classics and simply look smashing! Just a tad different from the gen 2 ACR rims.

189BBS1.jpg

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
189BBS1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those wheels look awsome on your car!:2tu:

OP
OP
J

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that "under $5000" statement a budget including tires, or just wheels by themselves?[/QUOTE]

wheels and tires...but I really don't have a budget just don't want to shell out more money than I have to...

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBS LM in either 18 and/or 19 inch. I hope to be saving up for a set myself whenever I am done fixing the rusty areas on my car's bodywork :drive:
They are classics and simply look smashing! Just a tad different from the gen 2 ACR rims.

189BBS1.jpg

Inject I run the BBS LMs on my RT/10. Some may think they have a dated look about them, but they are one of my personal favorites. Best bet is to find a nice used set because new with tires they are well over $5000.
ViperClub Photo Gallery - side1

Last edited:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I have a set of 01 rims with new PSII I would sell for under 5K .LOL
I have a new set of ACR wheels I am putting on my 01 IMO that style of wheel looks out of this world on a GenII!!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good luck with iForged here...

Shoot me a PM for a quote, can certainly come in well under 5K in any style or size.

You must be registered for see images

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have more pics of those on your car?

Bat™

Here you go... Had to snap the pics in the garage...1ft of snow here in chicago...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you go 18/19 it will be cheaper like everyone said. But for a 19/20 setup, the average is atleast $1k a wheel. I think HRE's are overpriced. I priced most 3 piece wheels around $5k whereas the HRE's were going to be close to $7k.

And tires will run you about $1800 in 19/20" sizes. If you want the "look", you have to get 19.20 and lower it. My car is night and day different now.

OP
OP
J

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go 18/19 it will be cheaper like everyone said. But for a 19/20 setup, the average is atleast $1k a wheel. I think HRE's are overpriced. I priced most 3 piece wheels around $5k whereas the HRE's were going to be close to $7k.

And tires will run you about $1800 in 19/20" sizes. If you want the "look", you have to get 19.20 and lower it. My car is night and day different now.

I definitely want "the look". I love the stance of a viper with 20s and motons. :headbang:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vote is IForged as well but I can be a little biased since I have them on my car. If you need help with pricing, my brother is buddies with a Viperalley site sponser and he gives one heck of a deal. PM me if you need assistance.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 19/20 HRE's are the best looking on an SRT perirod. They look perfect but they are very expencive. I Forged has many wheels that almost capture the look like the HRE's but are almost half the price. MikeR's:quack: car looks killer on I-Forged....get them you'll love them.

Mine on HRE 545R's
vipersantana.jpg

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont think you can tell a difference between HRE's, Iforged etc. They are all very similar, just pick your design and go for whichever compny you feel more comfortable with. I will say that Iforged makes a 4" lip for the rear while HRE's only have a 3.5" lip. And you know what they say....Size matters. haha

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the 19/20 HRE's are the best looking on an SRT perirod. They look perfect but they are very expencive. I Forged has many wheels that almost capture the look like the HRE's but are almost half the price. MikeR's:quack: car looks killer on I-Forged....get them you'll love them.

Maybe you should have saved some money on your wheels and took spelling lessons.:mf:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you should have saved some money on your wheels and took spelling lessons.:mf:

true true..I'm a little gramaticly challanged...but at least I'm a bit more mechanically inclined than others.... http://forums.viperclub.org/new-products-supplier-specials-group-buys/602971-new-srt-flywheel.html:lmao::rolaugh:

Anyway the Monacos look sweet but some of the other wheels they offer "like the ones Daniel posted with the dark grey centers" don't look as good to me as the 545R's do. To me the HRE's are just a little bit nicer.. Might not be worth twice the price to some people but to me it was worth it.

here's a close up
CIMG3376.JPG

compare that to the I-Forged wheel
iforged.jpg

check out these CCW's in black chrome....I saw this car at DC performance, they were dirty but still looked really cool.
CIMG3611.JPG

p.s. - Hey MikeR:quack:....go put some air in your tires..:D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Umm..... I am failing to see what you think the big difference is between your clean HRE's and my dirty iForged wheels that still had the tire mounting soap and oil from the new rotor splashed all over inside them?

The iForged wheels have a thicker spoke by a hair, and are pretty much identical otherwise.

so..............what do you see that I dont?

Dont get me wrong, I am a dealer for both. But when I have a set of HRE 545R's sitting next to a set of Astras- I scratch my head to see where all that extra money went. Change the center cap, and nobody would ever notice.

Thats it. I'm going right now to take a half decent picture.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm..... I am failing to see what you think the big difference is between ........ I scratch my head to see where all that extra money went. Change the center cap, and nobody would ever notice.

Thats it. I'm going right now to take a half decent picture.

I'm a dealer for both as well:bigsmile: :rolleyes:

if you can't tell the difference between the two then buy the cheap ones :2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm a dealer for both as well:bigsmile: :rolleyes:

if you can't tell the difference between the two then buy the cheap ones :2tu:

:rolleyes:

I am still waiting for the explanation as to why the HRE's are better looking?

I mean, I understand opinion goes hand in hand with wheels, but as much as you seem to see it, I just dont. Neither one of us is going to convince the other.

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's my preference, if you don't see a difference between the two then do like you did and buy the cheap ones...what do I care what you put on your car I've got HRE's on mine

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you still feel like taking a picture of your wheel, post it up and I'll take a picture of mine from the same angle and post it up.

It's minor differences but I think the HRE looks better.

The I Forged wheel looks great:2tu: