Whelen Motorsports driver Dave Blaney moves to RCR

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read this morning that Sonny Whelen's NASCAR Busch series driver Dave Blaney, who made an impressive guest appearance with us in the VRL at Putnam Park, signed on to drive the #30 Nextel Cup car for RCR for the remainder of the season. Congrat's and good luck to Dave. I'm sure part of the credit for Dave's past success goes to Ted Marsh and the rest of Sonny's excellent crew.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Rich. Dave certainly deserves a full time ride. He's had some great chemistry with Bill Davis Racing (the #23 Nextel Cup car) and I'm sure that it did a lot to help him get the commitment for the rest of the year from RCR. But Ted Marsh, his fine crew, and all of us at Whelen Engineering have always had faith in Dave Blaney and thank him for all he's done to help promote our interests. It was an honor to be on the track with him at the Putnam Park Viperdays.

We're looking forward to the rest of the season with Nextel Cup Driver Todd Bodine in the #31 Ford, and Todd says he'd love to have a shot at having some fun with us at Viperdays, so we may see him at an event before the year is out!

I'll be competing at Mid Ohio with the SWC GT series next week. I expect to have a tougher time at that track because we're only running a stock motor, which will make a bigger difference there than at Limerock, but I have done well enough at Mid Ohio in the past to be somewhat optomistic so we'll see...

I'll look forward to seeing all of you the VIR Viperdays in July.

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny:

Todd Bodine should do a great job for you guys.

I'm planning to come down for the WCGT race on Sunday so I'll stop by. I think you're right about the stock motor being more of an issue at MO than LR, so change it!!! I'd like nothing more than to see you running in the top ten, which I know you're capable of...

Best,
Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude