When best intentions BLOW UP an engine...

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you buy that car here in Utah? If so it's probably the same car I looked at, is the interior blue and white and the intake plenum was either polished or chromed I cant remember
actually he lives in Grand Junction, CO but commuted to SLC for work regularly
nope, different car :)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with DY. 27,000 self installed / self tuned Roe miles since 4/06. No prior experience like this of any kind. No issues to date. Almost 80,000 miles on the car.

Bottlefed -- Good luck with however you go.

Steve

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes my logs were good - I wish I could post them but it doesn't work
I was tuning at 60-70deg. for 12.1 a/f; after some tuning I was never more than 1 a/f point away from that.

Though it is has been said a few times, I will say it again that the plug length is not a fault for what happned here. I think it is more that they were the stock heat range running 10psi w/o WM. You said above that your would run 12.1 +- 1. That could mean you would run 13.1 at 10psi at 5400rpm. That does not sound too good. I run very conservative at low 11's at WOT. If I even see a 12 I get concerned. I have never had detonation at 10psi.

How do you have your WB's set up? 0V=10 and 5V=18? From some of your posts it looks like you are getting 7-8 and 22 af readings. I believe those are out of range for the LC-1. I also have 2, but I have them in my special loctions and not DY's. :D With WB's you can tune a ROE without a shop. Shops can and often do make mistakes just like anyone else. Those who think that shops are incapable of mistakes are in for some disappointment. I am glad that Bottlefed has posted his experience as we all can learn from it. Please keep us posted as this could happen to anyone and is no fun if it does.

Why would anyone wish someone to break? That is a pretty crappying thing to do. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4