When does owning a Viper get old???

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 years and the feeling hasn't worn off. I never felt this way about other sports cars I've owned.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still love my GTS after three years. Usually I am bored before a new car is even paid for, but the Viper is just such a unique and outrageous car, it keeps my interest up. But I want something else, too. Like a Ford GT, or GR1. Kinda like having a mistress, and cheating on your Viper? I want to collect fine cars if I can, and don't see any conflict about owning other great cars.

But I'll keep the GTS because I absolutely love the way it looks and handles. If it starts fallng behind in power, there's always Roe or Paxton. Its a timeless design worthy of updating. I can't think of any other car I have owned that I can say that about.

Don't even think about the GT, GR1 or lack of power. Check here tommorrow! :)

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto NEVER. When I picked mine up in San Fran last year, just with the trailer side door open anyone walking by would gawk; "is that a race car?", is that a Viper?, "what is that?", "coool", "always wanted one of those" etc.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still often find myself gawking at my own car for a few minutes after I park it.

It's not going to get old anytime soon, that's for sure.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we are owners for a little over a year and I doubt it will get old. I have a 600+ BBC camaro and am setting up a purchase on a 63 Max wedge car...none which may my face lite up everytime like when I pull that cover off the GTS. Nothing like a snake to me.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't even think about the GT, GR1 or lack of power. Check here tommorrow! :)

LOL!!!

Ha hah, yes, I was suckered in by Paul Hawkers' April Fool's joke!

I also heard they are giving out free coupes tommorow, and I know for sure that isn't a joke.

Signed,

Gullible One

I know Paul personally, and I never would have thought he was joking about that. Shows how much I know...

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 year owner. A few months ago I drove 70 miles with another GTS swapping the lead every 10 miles just so we could admire how good a gts looks going down the road.
That is funny. There are not many Vipers in my area maybe 12 in the state(S.D.) So when I go rolling with Cal my Viper buddy we do the same thing take turns leading. I knew Viper's were sinister looking but when you see one creeping up from behind you,you get a hole new perspective. :D

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Novelty wore off 2 years ago, will be selling it this year.
Wow 2 years ago the novelty wore off and your still checking out the boards? I think the snake has you in it's trance!!! lol

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you work on it and things go wrong. Yesterday I had an injector o-ring fail after re-installing them post painting the intake manifold (during this same project I had a thermostat housing bolt break off in the block and an new $800 radiator have a leak in it). Gas pooled up in the webbing on top of the engine block it was so bad. Got everthing dried up without a fire, the new o-rings will be here tomorrow, then when I drive the car again I will forget all of it.

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 years and 25'000 Miles.... still like it.

Last year i got a little bored of it... added a B&M Shifter, MGW Knob and AC Controlls to light up the fire.

Even small changes make happy.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1999 GTS was manufactured in 9/99. It was delivered to my house by trailer from Speedway Dodge in Daytona, Florida on November 9, 1999. I called to my wife ( who was at the other end of the house) to come to the front door and see my new Viper. She called back: "What is a Viper?" in that tone that only means that she better like it or I'm in for some serious aggravation. She came to the front door; looked out at the GTS sitting in the driveway and said: "Wow!! That's really cool. I like it." To this day,we both love the car. Every Sunday we go to brunch in the GTS to Coconut Grove, Florida. It never gets old. Recently, when I had Sean Roe,Dave and their staff put in an 8.5lb system and a few other mods, we shared a similar experience. I drove the GTS back from Sean's on Thursday. That weekend, I took my wife for a ride. I asked her if she wanted to feel the change. ( You should always ask people first to avoid ***** occurrences in the passenger seat.)She said yes. As I hit it in first gear from a 15MPH roll and shifted to second, I saw a big grin on her face. Later we went under a bulding complex.( The street actually goes under the bulding complex.) Before doing so I opened the windows. We bothed laughed as the sound of pure power echoed off the walls and ceiling. Whenever life seems a bit too complicated or stressful, a few minutes in the GTS cures the problem. Since I believe the GTS design is timeless and as close to perfection as a car design can get, I look forward to many more years of grins.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had mine a year and a half, but I've been deployed or gone for at least 8 of those months. So, in driving time, I've had it less than a year! And, I tell ya, it hasn't ONCE gotten old. I call her my "4 Wheeled Pscyhologist". In other words, no matter how hard my day has been, driving the car makes helps me to forget my problems.

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it might be when a big body luxury 4 door in the same price range blows by me from a dead stop.

Only then I might need to revaluate my relation ship.
But the styling alone keeps me interested for now.

6 years of bonding...

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

Since you're tired of your Viper, what (if anything) are you getting as a replacement vehicle? Do you have an F50 or something?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte