When will Silver production begin?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

My Silver Viper is fortunately in D-1 status, but un-fortunately has not moved in almost a month.

I would like to tour the plant when they start building Silver and then have my SRT sent to the dealer on the truck (weather concerns).

If any of you have knowledge of when the Silver SRT's are going to begin running I would really appreciate the info! It has been a "Ghost Town" around the SRT section of our board for a couple of weeks, and my dealer has no information for me concerning Silver.

Are the CARB and "heat" issues solved now? It sound like Red and Black are almost ready to ship by the sound of the post by Fitzmotors' (posted today). Somebody is going to have a hisss'n Holiday present! Wish it was ME!

Thanks,

Jim

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a silver on order, and have a vin, and a delivery date (in the past), so I did some grilling on my own.

Lats I heard they had not even started painting any silver body panels yet.

So, if blacks are gonna show up Dec., I'm sayin Jan at the earliest.

Good luck, oh the other interesting news I heard is only 25% were silver, and 03 is the only year, so this should be a pretty rare car.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black was the 1st choice in the poll and Silver was 4th.

Results from that poll are below

Brilliant Black 64 vote(s)20%
Viper Red 54 vote(s) 17%
Mopar Orange 39 vote(s) 12%
Viper Silver 34 vote(s) 10%
Viper Blue 34 vote(s) 10%
Viper Yellow 24 vote(s) 7%
Viper Graphite 17 vote(s) 5%
Super White 16 vote(s) 5%
Plum Crazy 14 vote(s) 4%
Lime Green 10 vote(s) 3%
Emerald Green 4 vote(s) 1%
Other 6 vote(s) 1%

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

Remember a year ago when we were waiting to register for certs and getting the ordering guidelines and final color choices?

Well, right around January (if I remember) a lot of folks started a campaign for Black to be a choice (instead of Graphite). Then, someone on this site started a "color Poll" asking us to vote for/declare our choice. Silver was #2 and quite close to Red in popularity if I remember.

With that poll in mind, it is surprising to me that Black was the second color to be produced and that Silver production has not started yet. Interesting!

Knowing that Silver is THE German color, I would have thought that Silver might have been a slam-dunk for the second color produced. Having never seen the SRT Silver in person, I assume it must be the same shade as before (which CAAP struggled with). Someone posted here that it is actually different than the 98' and later Viper Silver, and that D/C was doing durability tests on it. Does anybody have the details on the new Silver for the SRT?

Since there have been no responses to my post about Silver production, I thought someone might share the details on the paint. Yes, I am desperate for info!

Thanks,

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang