When will the black cars go into production?

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is from a previous thread:
Y2K5SRT vbmenu_register("postmenu_2400719", true);

National VCA Treasurer

icon4.gif
2008 Viper - Remaining colors now available for ordering!
Important note from our friends at SRT: The rest of the '08 colors are now being added to the ordering system effective immediately! Order ANY remaining color you like, including those awesome colors of Viper Violet, Very Orange, Viper Bright Blue, Viper Red, and Viper Black. Snakeskin Green Metallic is still available (and looks GREAT on the car itself - of that I can assure you), as is the beautiful Venom Red. Now while you can order those colors now, production will still maintain the previously announced staggered introduction:

Available at launch:
  • New Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat
  • New Venom Red Metallic Clear Coat
  • Viper GTS Blue Pearl Coat (orders now closed for this color)
Winter introduction:
  • Viper Black Clear Coat
  • New Viper Violet Pearl Coat
Spring '08 introduction:
  • Classic Viper Red Clear Coat
  • New Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat
Summer ’08 introduction
  • New Viper Bright Blue Metallic Pearl Coat
So place those orders now for the best Viper EVER produced with more options than any time in history. Indeed, mathematically speaking it is possible for every single Viper produced for 2008 to be unique. But every single one of them will be producing at least 600 HP - now that is a nice feature to share! :2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think we can see that there have been some changes due to the initial delay in beginning production, so the original schedule is a bit out of sync ------i.e. simply note that black and violet will start in the Fall and we are already into the Winter.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does this question mean you're selling you new GT3 and getting back into a Viper???
Hi Mike,

I think he is getting a black ACR. Here is a post of his from another thread a while back.

Sterling

Flash1034 vbmenu_register("postmenu_2461347", true);

SoCal VCA Member

icon1.gif
Re: ACR Order
By the time the Viper ACR comes around, Ill be ready for a change. Im still very much enamored with my Porsche GT3. Awesome car!

Flash

OP
OP
F

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the concern guys. I'm going to try and swing owning both. They are two totally different cars. If you have the chance to drive or ride in the new Porsche GT3, you owe it to yourself to do it. The car smells good , sounds good, handles good, looks good, and can go from race car to daily driver in a breeze. Im amazed at how nice it is. That being said, the Viper was loud, hot, noisy, plasticky, and brutish. I loved it too and miss that feeling. The Porsche is like a sharp razor and my Viper was like a big baseball bat.

Flash

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there nobody from the factory on this web site that can give us an updated color time frame for the ACRs ???

V

Venomiss

Is there nobody from the factory on this web site that can give us an updated color time frame for the ACRs ???
Not being mean but....
Why wouldn't you just call your dealer direct? They should know-and if they don't then call a major dealership-Woodhouse...and the other biggies.