Where and what to buy for oil?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for the new Viper spec Pennzoil. Anyone have any info on this?

Specifically, is it the Ultra, viscosity level, etc

Also, does anyone know of any places that sell it in bulk? Even 5 gal pails? Lol

Thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Below is SOME info:

NOTE that I put the last paragraph is in RED...since in my mind it raises a question as to whether this oil is also appropriate for SRT vehicles built prior to 2013...just a thought.

I wanted to buy a quart for analysis but my local Dodge dealer's parts manager says that it is "not out yet".

Here is the Penzoil site:

http://www.pennzoil.com/press/new-pennzoil-ultra-0w-40-designed-for-all-srt-vehicles/

[h=1]"New Pennzoil[SUP]TM[/SUP] Ultra 0W-40 Designed For All SRT Vehicles[/h][h=2]New Formulation is Motor Oil Chrysler Group Recommends for SRT Engines[/h]
HOUSTON (June 5, 2012) – Today, Pennzoil[SUP]®[/SUP] is introducing the new Pennzoil Ultra™ 0W-40 synthetic motor oil, created alongside Chrysler Group
engineers specifically to keep SRT engines running clean. The advanced, co-engineered formulation is the result of months ofcollaboration between Pennzoil scientists and Chrysler Group engineers to develop a motor oil that provides the performance that SRT owners have come to expect from their high-tech engines. Pennzoil Ultra™ 0W-40 is the motor oil Chrysler recommends for use in all SRT engines, exceeding the stringent Chrysler MS-12633 specification.

“SRT owners understand the importance of performance and craftsmanship like few others,” says Ralph V. Gilles, President and Chief Executive Officer – SRT Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC. “They know clean engines are more efficient, better protected and perform at the demanding levels we’ve designed our SRT engines to operate.”

The proprietary synthetic formula of Pennzoil Ultra™ motor oil is designed to exceed the toughest industry standards, so it will run through the engine of all new 2013 SRT Vipers when they start coming off the factory line...."

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for the new Viper spec Pennzoil. Anyone have any info on this?

Specifically, is it the Ultra, viscosity level, etc

Also, does anyone know of any places that sell it in bulk? Even 5 gal pails? Lol

Thanks!

I'd like to see some tests. In all the tests I have seen, very few brands exceed or come close to Mobil 1 blends for our cars. Pennzoil seems to be coming late to the game with high performance synthetics and I bet you can stick with Mobil 1 and be fine. Amsoil also makes a variety of specific blends with high zinc and I use Amsoil in my farm tractors. I'd also be curious to see why Vipers come with Pennzoil now as many high performance cars continue to come from the factory with Mobil 1.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
For our street-driven Vipers (all Gen's)...I use Mobil 1 0W-40. Locally, the best deal is via Mobil distributor...no chasing around, no multi-store treasure hunts...always available, great price to VCA members !!

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One dealer sells it.....link

He has 3, five gallon cans. $7 a qt. + shipping.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4