Where are the viper events in florida?

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last weekend there was a Corvette only car show, with over 200 cars attending in Venice Florida.
Where are the Viper groups at? The Viper only car show ?? North, central, Southwest Groups where are you ??? This is Florida, the temp is 70-80 all day long.
When I bring my 94 to a cruse in, it's like they ( patrons ) have NEVER seen a Viper before! There asking all kinds of question, there in Awe!! Drooling all over my car,,,They don't even look at those Vetts!, ( Nothing wrong with them , there everywhere ). SO I ask again why aren't the Florida Viper Groups doing more ? To promote?

I know we have the Sebring thing going on, but what I'm talking about is day and day out events, There are over 20-25 car shows each week!
We need more exposure! The average person is stavrved the VIPER!!!

V

Venomiss

Last weekend there was a Corvette only car show, with over 200 cars attending in Venice Florida.
Where are the Viper groups at? The Viper only car show ?? North, central, Southwest Groups where are you ??? This is Florida, the temp is 70-80 all day long.
When I bring my 94 to a cruse in, it's like they ( patrons ) have NEVER seen a Viper before! There asking all kinds of question, there in Awe!! Drooling all over my car,,,They don't even look at those Vetts!, ( Nothing wrong with them , there everywhere ). SO I ask again why aren't the Florida Viper Groups doing more ? To promote?

I know we have the Sebring thing going on, but what I'm talking about is day and day out events, There are over 20-25 car shows each week!
We need more exposure! The average person is stavrved the VIPER!!!

Good point.
Perfect timing for you to email or call up VCA South Florida President David Ivler and offer to help and be a point person on the west side?
Help get something going in your area and promote an event, cruise(to Marco Island..), or car show.
Go for it!
http://www.viperclubsfl.org/

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi there! The events in Florida are happening all over the place ! I'm sure you received the information from your President, Dave Ivler, about the Mt Dora weekend that just took place on March 9th/10th . We had 15 Vipers in attendance from both the Central/North Florida club and the South Florida club.We even had a Viper drive down from Tennessee to join us ! We stayed at a historic hotel and walked in to town for a nice dinner together on Saturday night, then on Sunday we took a cruise through the Ocala National Forest ,hiked to Juniper Springs, and had lunch together at a neat restaurant on the river before everyone left to head home. Also, that same weekend a group of 11 Vipers went to the Amelia Island car show. Our VP in Jacksonville headed up that event for the north Florida folks. Of course, you know that this weekend is the 12 hours of Sebring and we have about 16 Vipers coming on Saturday.

I'd be happy to add your name to my email list so that you can keep up to date with the happenings of the Central /North Florida chapter. We'd love it if you'd join us for a get together. Please PM me with your contact information, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. We are hoping to have a group go to the Celebration Exotic Car Show on April 13/14, but I need someone from our club to organize this since I am out of town that weekend. This is still in the works, but I'll keep you posted once I receive your info.
Looking forward to hearing from you, Cathy Smiley

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
viperman.... we have had some great viper events in south Florida lately, including the Christmas party in December where Ralph Giles was our guest and he brought the 2013 Viper
for us to drool over...and like Cathy said.. the Mount Dora Event was absolutely Great!!! Get on the SF viperclub email list by contacting Dave Ivler and you will be informed...

looking forward to meeting you ,,

viperbob

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesn't the FL group do at least 1 Drag Race + Carshow in Brandenton (sp?) every year in the winter. It's about the perfect place in the country to do it.

Back in the day we had V10 Nats...maybe it's time to bring it back.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesn't the FL group do at least 1 Drag Race + Carshow in Brandenton (sp?) every year in the winter. It's about the perfect place in the country to do it.

Back in the day we had V10 Nats...maybe it's time to bring it back.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been and will be more private track rentals at PBIR for Vipers and other high end cars. Unfortunately there have never been more than a couple of Vipers that show up. I guess the large amount of paint polishing the Viper requires doesn't leave much time for racing. V10 Nationals were some good times.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[

IT makes perfect sense to me.........You can roundup hundreds of Vettes between a few towns and always have a Vette car show..........that's why there are so many Vette shows........It is impossible to round up enough VIPERS for a weekend VIPER show...To have enough VIPERS there, they would have to come from many different states for that one little parking lot show.......Its NOT realistic........The VIPER community gets together with each of their club events and have great things going on across the country....but as you talk like we can just round up VIPERS any day of the week and have a show makes no sense.......That's why we drive VIPERS....because they are far an few between and so when they are seen, people appreciate the heck out of them.....when people see vettes they don't get all excited like they do over a Viper sighting.......I LOVE owning a car that is like that.......I don't want what everyone else has and they are all over the country every where you go........Its easier for a Viper enthusiast to find out where there will be a VIPER get together and that one person go there on a special trip then for us owners to be found that will drive hundred of miles for a parking lot show....There are PLENTY of VIPER events around the country and if you want to see more VIPERS, join the club in your area and you go there and participate with them and then you will see the people come around and drool over the VIPERS and other special interest cars out there.......I dont think you thought into what you said before you wrote it.......just my thought when I read this when you very first posted it.......I wasn't going to respond but I don't know how to keep my mouth shut sometimes......Happy VIPERING and enjoy being the only one out there and show your car to people and answer their questions and be grateful you are different and NOT just another VETTE owner.......just my thoughts.......YOU have a one car car show every time you take your VIPER out....Go to the store, gas station, any where and people are gonna look at and love to see that one VIPER over 200 Vettes anyday.......
:headbang: :dunno::eater: :nono: :drive: :drive:

QUOTE=viperman4125;3161516]Last weekend there was a Corvette only car show, with over 200 cars attending in Venice Florida.

We need more exposure! The average person is stavrved the VIPER!!![/QUOTE]

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperman.... we have had some great viper events in south Florida lately, including the Christmas party in December where Ralph Giles was our guest and he brought the 2013 Viper
for us to drool over...and like Cathy said.. the Mount Dora Event was absolutely Great!!! Get on the SF viperclub email list by contacting Dave Ivler and you will be informed...

looking forward to meeting you ,,

viperbob

I'm in s fl and haven't gotten any info on the events... Tried contacting David but haven't heard Anything if someone could give me better contact info for him it be great

V

Venomiss

Hopefully the information sent put you in contact with David to get you rolling for events in 2013.

For any VCA questions please email [email protected] or call 1-800-677-4321.

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see if the VCA could somehow have a presence at the cars on 5th show put on by the Ferrari club every year around March in downtown Naples. This year there were quite a few cars clubs there including muscle cars and corvette clubs. there are all makes of high end cars there. this year there were some rat rods but never in all the years I have been going have I seen even ONE VIPER! Lambos, porsches, astons, jags, koeniggs etc. but no Vipers..

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been and will be more private track rentals at PBIR for Vipers and other high end cars. Unfortunately there have never been more than a couple of Vipers that show up. I guess the large amount of paint polishing the Viper requires doesn't leave much time for racing. V10 Nationals were some good times.

Could be why my Gen2's paint looks like its been behind a gravel truck for the last 64kmi lol.

FL VCA. Try putting on some Drag race events that INCLUDE a car show. That way waxers AND racers will show up.

OP
OP
V

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And why couldn't we have a VIPER day in Naples or Sarasota? Sarasota just had a EXOTIC car days, to raise $$, But Vipers were not included, only Ferrari's , Masatitis, Labos,
I would love to see if the VCA could somehow have a presence at the cars on 5th show put on by the Ferrari club every year around March in downtown Naples. This year there were quite a few cars clubs there including muscle cars and corvette clubs. there are all makes of high end cars there. this year there were some rat rods but never in all the years I have been going have I seen even ONE VIPER! Lambos, porsches, astons, jags, koeniggs etc. but no Vipers..

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will anyone be attending the St. Pete Festivals of Speed April 7th? I remember seeing an SSG/black stripes ACR pulling in when I was walking into the event last year...but that was it. I would have entered my car if I had it back in time. The following weekend is the Celebration Exotic Auto Festival as well.

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to go to the Celebration show. I went last year and the cars that came out were crazy. There was a whole fleet of Ferrari Challenge cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang