where did the power from my paxton go?

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got my 99 GTS on the dyno and the results are disappointing. has anyone seen this happen before? three dyno runs are on the graph.

Run 4 - car in stock form (but with smooth tubes and K&N filters)
Run 9 - smooth tubes, K&N filters, b&b exhaust and high flow cats
Run 11 - all of the above with paxton kit on low boost

I was imagining that the torque would continue to increase once boost kicked in and not fall back down like it does at 3750rpm, and again at 5000rpm

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• paxton vs stock.jpg
    paxton vs stock.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 99

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you running half a pound of boost? JK, but that power difference is negligible. Are you confident in the plumbing and tune? Did it make more power with the Paxton at some other time and is now down, or did you just install it and have these results?

OP
OP
D

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you running half a pound of boost? JK, but that power difference is negligible. Are you confident in the plumbing and tune? Did it make more power with the Paxton at some other time and is now down, or did you just install it and have these results?

Seriously right? Was just installed.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I wasn't, that's what "JK" was supposed to signal.

I have no idea why pushing 7-10 psi more air and delivering 50-60% more fuel would net only a 10% power increase....if the blower made the pressure, the plumbing held it and the fuel pump/injectors/tune delivered the fuel properly.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As said on the other forum, your car is ridiculously lean. Need to go through a verify fuel system operation and tune before continuing to run it.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As said on the other forum, your car is ridiculously lean. Need to go through a verify fuel system operation and tune before continuing to run it.

i concur.
get it on a dyno with a boost gauge and see whats going on.
i have to think you may have a plumbing problem.... gauge will tell you and go from there.

OP
OP
D

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got my car back from DC Performance. dyno looks good now! turns out that there were a bunch of issues - belt slippage, bypass valve leakage, fpr/fmu sticking. Will post dyno graph in another thread so people can find it easier in a search when looking for a relatively stock car with paxton kit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96