Where do you California guys get your cars Supercharged?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subject says it all. Do you ship it off to another state or get it done locally?

I haven't asked West Coast Vipers if they do Supercharger installs, but they seem to do everything else. Any experience?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should talk with Dan Cragin at D-C Performance in LA. Lots to choose from. Single and Double supercharger systems available. Lots of HP options. Very professionally done.(310) 841-6996.

Second option is to mail order kits from Roe or others, and have it installed by local tech.

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Roe supercharger does not have a CARB EO#. After going through the CA smog drill, I sent my Roe S/C back (still new in the box). The way Kalifornia is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the CA DMV required ozone emissions checks for electric vehicles.

The only kit I know of which has a CARB EO# is the Paxton kit. However, I think you've gotta drill lots of nasty holes in your Viper to install it. With the Roe kit, if you used a fuse blade type tap to get 12V power for the VEC2 under the hood, there were no holes or permanent alterations required. One could install/uninstall the Roe S/C without a trace.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, another question -- Car is off to the Dyno next week, but I am guessing I have somewhere around 525 RWHP N/A (stroked motor.) What kind of cost can I expect to get the 800+ RWHP a lot of you are talking about? My bottom end has been upgraded as well. I already have a 150 shot of NOS, but I would prefer to have all the power all the time, and not carry a big NOS bottle in my trunk.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second the advice of Mr Hawker. Dan Cragin is the best one to answer your questions. His new shop has been in full swing for a while and can also cover warranty repairs if you need. Full service!!!! (OK bad joke) I haven't heard of any complaints about his systems, while many rumors can be heard of some other vendors.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems most left coasters go to the east coast. Heffner and DLM seem to have the market cornered as far as sending the car somewhere.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like they would do well to open a shop here in California where there are probably more Vipers than any other state. Strange.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from Dan, he has a SUPER reputation, but at least one famous, perhaps I should say infamous California resident, the well known "SMOKIN" shipped his all the way to Maryland to have it done by Jason Heffner. I believe you could do a search on, ahem, any one of three Viper related boards to see how happy he is about the car.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have done many supercharger installations over the past couple years and have 4 stages of upgrades developed for the new Paxton CARB legal package (to about 700rwhp). We also have non- CARB certified packages that will pass tailpipe emissions for higher potential. I believe that we we are one of the few supercharger installers who have actually raced their systems in the VRL series.

Wether you have a stock vehicle or a all out race car we have the knbowledge and inclination to help you. Every car is a labor of love for us and not a paycheck. We take extreme pride in everything we do and welcome your business.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

I just checked out your web site, but all your Super Charger packages are for a Gen II. Do you have a Twin Supercharger system for the Gen I?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang