Where is the best place in MA/NH to get a car detailed to remove swirl marks in paint

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around my car, mostly noticeable on my hood and on the roof and towards the rear ends of the car depending on the way the light hits it, you can see swirl-like spiderweb lines in the paint. You can see them when the sun light hits the car and when its parked under direct light at night. I just paid $100 and had the car taken to Xtreme Clean down in Weymouth, MA where they completely detailed the car, clay bar, wax, buff, wash etc., I watched them for most of the time and they seemed to do a pretty good job, from what people have said they always do a good job. However, I'm pissed since the swirl marks are still within the paint on my car which I thought would be gone after the clay bar/wax/buff when getting detailed. Does anyone know a good place to take your car to get it detailed? I was hoping there would be some place local. I'd like to show the place first the swirl marks to see if they thought they could get them out, since I don't want to pay anyone again to do it, unless they can in fact remove them.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Where is the best place in MA/NH to get a car detailed to remove swirl marks in p

Around my car, mostly noticeable on my hood and on the roof and towards the rear ends of the car depending on the way the light hits it, you can see swirl-like spiderweb lines in the paint. You can see them when the sun light hits the car and when its parked under direct light at night. I just paid $100 and had the car taken to Xtreme Clean down in Weymouth, MA where they completely detailed the car, clay bar, wax, buff, wash etc., I watched them for most of the time and they seemed to do a pretty good job, from what people have said they always do a good job. However, I'm pissed since the swirl marks are still within the paint on my car which I thought would be gone after the clay bar/wax/buff when getting detailed. Does anyone know a good place to take your car to get it detailed? I was hoping there would be some place local. I'd like to show the place first the swirl marks to see if they thought they could get them out, since I don't want to pay anyone again to do it, unless they can in fact remove them.

Anthony,
I have probably tried 10 places over the last several years for the same issues you're describing. The best detailer, and the guy I have been with for about a year now is Chris at Divine Detailinig on Manchester street in Concord. His number is 545-9289. I'm not sure how severe your swirl marks are but he does a very good job. If they are real deep, he may recommend a wetsand at a shop down the street. Give Chris a call and see what he thinks. You can certainly bring your car in and he will give you an honest opinion as to whether or not he can get the swirls out using his process. Good luck. Mike

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Where is the best place in MA/NH to get a car detailed to remove swirl marks in p

Hey Mike, thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. :)

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do my own work. Not that hard when you know the process. There are a lot of good websites out there to help.

We also have a few post here about removing swirl marks. Search!

Anthony, how is the car running now?

I was thinking of you the other week. I took my 96 out, came home, and then when I went to start the car, nothing! I ended up with a poor battery connection. Solved everything.

Joe

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do my own work. Not that hard when you know the process. There are a lot of good websites out there to help.

We also have a few post here about removing swirl marks. Search!

Anthony, how is the car running now?

I was thinking of you the other week. I took my 96 out, came home, and then when I went to start the car, nothing! I ended up with a poor battery connection. Solved everything.

Joe

Hey Joe, the car is running great. I actually have it in the garage on the tender at the moment ha. When my car wouldn't start I also had a poor battery connection too, it's just a pain you have to take off the wheel to correct it.

I actually got in contact with a local place over in Wakefield, MA which is only about 15-20 minutes away from me. The place is called Unique Car Care, I spoke with Rick actually 5 minutes ago. He seems to do a really great job and is highly recommended by several people. So I'll be going over to his shop sometime this week after work or next so he can check out the car and give me a ball park figure. I don't mind doing the work myself to maintain it, but right now I feel it needs a really good clean up, so I'd feel best leaving it to a professional so he could show and explain to me how to keep it up myself from there on. It can definitely be pricey though!

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All about coat after coat of Zaino! step 5 and step 2.

I love this stuff...and it smells soooo gooooood.

Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit: Zaino Store

I will definitely look into this. I've heard of Zaino before, and have heard great stuff :2tu:

P.S. Shawn... were you driving down 93 later on in the day on Saturday.. like around 7:00-7:30? I was in Somerville helping my buddy move and just got back onto 93 heading north to Wilmington and on the other side of the highway heading down 93 south I saw a B/W GTS. Was it you?

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was not me. Frank lives down that way and has a b/w. May have been him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456