Where ti find Fieldcrest or Canon towels?

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My towels are getting worn. Anybody know where to find these name brand towels? Supposedly they're the only true 100% cotton towels. Bed, Bath and Beyond used to carry them....not anymore!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know about that, I go to Walmart and buy they're 100% cotton baby diapers, the ones with no elastic or plastic parts. They work great real absorbant and soft for a baby's ass.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another good choice is to get dark blue towels, so they won't leave little bits of white fibers on the Sapphire Blue paint. I know Sal Zaino really advocates those two brands, but I think a high quality 100% towel would work just fine.

Good luck.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good choice is to get dark blue towels, so they won't leave little bits of white fibers on the Sapphire Blue paint. I know Sal Zaino really advocates those two brands, but I think a high quality 100% towel would work just fine.

Good luck.

Not to change the subject Bill, but if you run across a nice Sapphire Blue, let me know. I want that to be my next Viper :2tu: :headbang:

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO the blue microfiber towels that Sam's club sells are completely awesome! They are 16x16 and fold in quarters. Don't buy them all though I need a few more.

I had previously tired the 100% cotton towels Griots sells and they are trash.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yeh poorboys, I ordered quite a few of those towels 2 yrs ago, they wash up great and STILL look almost new

the cheaper ones at auto stores look great until you wash them, JMHO

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is an old topic but has anyone ever tried the 100% cotton "Royal Velvet" towels while drying a Viper? Kohl's has a big sale on these items and I may stock up if they will not harm my paint.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For many years I have traveled the globe looking for the finest materials for the ultimate Viper towel. From the mountains of Tibet, through the rainforests in Cambodia, to the pyramids in Timbuktu, I have searched endlessly for the sofest fibers known to man. During my numerous expeditions, I have discovered a plethora of potential materials. Ox skin, mink, adolescent ******* Penguin down, as well as the finest available cottons have all been probable materials for my Viper towels. All were soft, most were durable, some were were incredibly water absorbent, but only one was worthy to grace the skin of my Viper. That material is Alpaca youth fluff.

You cannot find this wondrous gift from providence at your local Wal-Mart, automotive shop, or even the internet. It only comes from a particular breed of Alpaca that once resided in ancient Mesopotamia, or modern day Iraq. Many scholars, historians, and towel connoiseurs alike praise this material for its incredible softness and outstanding ability to leave a streak-free shine. Numerous inscriptions, such as this Babylonian tablet which dates back to around 1500 B.C., expemplifies its incredible qualities:

You must be registered for see images attach

"Thou fluff shall wage a jihad on dirt and grime issuing a fatwah of incredible shine."

Whether or not this paricular breed of Mesopotamian Alpaca still exists is very much a mystery. Some say they do, some say they don't. But nevertheless its mere historical existence is enough for me to continue my arduous search.

Never again will I risk scratching my Viper with inferior cleaning materials. Screw Canon. The hell with Fieldcrest. [****] Zaino. There is only one material worthy of gracing my Viper. And that material is Mesopotamian Alpaca fluff. I am confident I will find this fluff and be able to drive my Viper. But until I find it, my Viper, like it has for the past several years, will patiently wait.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My towels are getting worn. Anybody know where to find these name brand towels? Supposedly they're the only true 100% cotton towels. Bed, Bath and Beyond used to carry them....not anymore!

Look at my occupation and you shall see that I am an expert on this topic. The reason you dont see Fieldcrest cannon anymore is because about 3 years ago, they went belly up along with the US mill here which discovered the label, Pillowtex, based in mainly North Carolina. As far as those being the only true cotton towels, you could not be more wrong. look around, they are everywhere. you want to look for egiptian cotton pima or super pima towels. THEY ARE GOING TO BE MOST EXPENSIVE WHEN COMPARED TO THE OTHERS BUT NOT CRAZY PRICED> dept> stores and bed bath beyond< linens and things>>> these guys will all have them. Pima cotton and super pima cotton are only different from regular cotton in 1 way. the fibers length is what identifies them as one or the other only. pima type cotton fibers are much longer than regular cotton and thus provide more absorbancy, better strength, and way more longevity. as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. good luck.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it with these old threads. Oh yeah! Winter.

The Zaino site says to use new ones each year. So, I buy those Kohl's towels. They work great, but you need to wash them before the first use otherwise you'll have a bunch of little white fibers all over your car. Of course, then you have to go for a drive to get them off! :headbang:

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went through the same problem. I finally went to Linens and Things and got their $20/ea 100% cotton terry bath towels. They were the softest they had and seemed to work fine when I put the first few coats of wax on my car.

Funny thing was, I went up to pay for them (they were the only things I got) and the guy at the register said, "Nice towels" I told him they were for waxing my car and he got this real strange look on his face. Guess he probably doesn't have a Viper... :2tu:

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's give credit to TKTPLZ for most innovative response. And not to overlook Phonecian Pharaoh Towels. If that doesn't work out there's always...what else? Ebay! Fieldcrest/Cannon aplenty.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a full set from Griot's garage.The big ones for drying,The small ones for applying that zaino spray wax after drying and of course the wash mit for washing.I wash them after every use. GTS Bruce

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a full set from Griot's garage.The big ones for drying,The small ones for applying that zaino spray wax after drying and of course the wash mit for washing.I wash them after every use. GTS Bruce

yehp, LOVE Griot's garage!

I also order a lot of microfiber towels from the 3M website too-they have the full-size m/f towels, hard to find

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with the cotton towels. Micro Fiber is the way to go. I used the towels at first and kept getting scratches and I had Fieldcrest! I really like the Griot's micro fiber cloths. Be careful of cheaper micro fiber cloths, they use cheaper polyester yarn on the edjes that can scratch. Best practice is to fold the edges in so that you do not touch the finish with them anyway. Remove any tags too before use. When cleaning any cloth don't forget to not use fabric softener, it can lead to smudges and an oily finish especially noticeable on dark cars.

Hope this helps.

Kurt

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with the cotton towels. Micro Fiber is the way to go. I used the towels at first and kept getting scratches and I had Fieldcrest! I really like the Griot's micro fiber cloths. Be careful of cheaper micro fiber cloths, they use cheaper polyester yarn on the edjes that can scratch. Best practice is to fold the edges in so that you do not touch the finish with them anyway. Remove any tags too before use. When cleaning any cloth don't forget to not use fabric softener, it can lead to smudges and an oily finish especially noticeable on dark cars.

Hope this helps.

Kurt

and use LIQUID detergent, like TIDE, wash mf towels together and never put in the dryer