Where to buy a gallon of Viper Red Paint

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son's has an old CRX which desperately needs some paint. He is going to try painting it himself with some freinds.

Anyone know where around Orlando he can get a gallon of the paint used on the red Vipers besides directly from Dodge? He is trying to do his repaint on the cheap side.

I realize there is probably different color for different years but it really doesn't matter since he isn't matching it to anything.

Thanks

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good paint shop can mix "their" brand to the right color. Our best local body shop uses BASF/Glasurit and they do a great job.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two cans of Mopar Viper red spray paint I would sell. I'm serious. This is a Dodge touch up product in a 6 oz can (I thinks it 6)

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice cheap paint is KirkerAcrylic Urethane. 3/4 gal of Viper Red and 1 qt of hardner will set you back about $70. It looks almost like base clear if you lay it down right. It does not cover well (translucent) so be sure to prime the entire car with some red sealer first. You can try Carolina's 800-438-4070 or search the internet for Kirker distributers.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a very expensive car. I spent the bucks to put glasurit (BASF) on my race car just because the material cost is a non issue compared to labor and vehicle value.

If your gonna do it --- DO IT RIGHT!!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a very expensive car. I spent the bucks to put glasurit (BASF) on my race car just because the material cost is a non issue compared to labor and vehicle value.

If your gonna do it --- DO IT RIGHT!!

A CRX is an expensive car? READ THE ORGINAL POST!!!

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.paintscratch.com

viper red basecoat - 1 gal = $291, clearcoat - 1 gal = $100

RED is a great color choice!

That's about DOUBLE what I paid for top grade automotive paint for my 2001 (viper)! ...and it was a PERFECT match. Go to your local Bodyshop SUPPLY Store - most all sell to the public.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
no no, he didnt ask for high gloss exterior and a roller, i think this guy wants to do it the right way :2tu:

For the record its Chinese Festive Red Rustoleum and went on with a genuine horsehair 3.5 inch brush using a crosspatch stroke, no roller would ever touch my car.

And unlike those of you with cash falling out of their azzes, I prefer not to spend several grand on fixing a paintjob that will be altered in the near future anyway...

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no no, he didnt ask for high gloss exterior and a roller, i think this guy wants to do it the right way :2tu:

For the record its Chinese Festive Red Rustoleum and went on with a genuine horsehair 3.5 inch brush using a crosspatch stroke, no roller would ever touch my car.

And unlike those of you with cash falling out of their azzes, I prefer not to spend several grand on fixing a paintjob that will be altered in the near future anyway...

im just razzing you, i am glad you are a good sport about it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi