Which 18 or 19" wheel most closely resembles the 97 stock wheel?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which 18 or 19\" wheel most closely resembles the 97 stock wheel?

Guys,

I love the way stock high polished 97 five spoke wheels look. However, I want to go to an 18 inch wheel, perhaps even a 19".

Without completely busting the bank, what are the options for the Viper RT/10 on wheels in those sizes that look almost exactly the same? Can you post a side by side comparison photo? I'm going to be getting some 1997 wheels for now, but would like to move to 18's or larger sometime this year.

Thanks

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Which 18 or 19

Superbar, just out of curiousity, what is the reason for the 18-19" tires if you are staying with the same design? I also like the high polished 17" wheels and will probably send mine in to calchrome.com this winter for chroming. I know the tires are cheaper for an 18 over a 17 but wouldn't the look be similar except to some of the eagle eyes here? So wouldn't the overall cost be quite a bit higher buying a set of 18/19's over just having your wheels polished or chromed?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've never seen wheels in 18s or 19s that look similar to 96-98 year model wheels. You may just want to just jump and go look at HRE, Kinesis, Forgeline, and Purner for your wheel options.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I put the question of building 18 inch 96-98 wheels to Purner. He said it wouldn’t be overly expensive. I took that as being less than what the big names charge. However you would have to get the centers from Dodge. I think they are around $200 each.

I like the style of the 96-98 wheels over the 99-02 also. Perhaps a group buy would make it worth Purner’s while? From Dodge they cost $1,100 without centers.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The advantage would be the ability to move up to 14" rotors while keeping the stock look. I'd be interested as I too prefer the OEM 96 ~ 98 wheels. The caps should be no big deal as they could easily be cloned (plated plastic perhaps) or just reuse your 17" ones.

Doing the 18" just for a thinner tire doesn't make sense to me.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Consider Fiske Wheels...Clean five star design...

FM5's

You must be registered for see images

Mach5 Series

Profile 5 Series

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

listen to anythony, he currently has the 3rd best red gts in texas !

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Anthony

I can't believe you passed on a chance to post a pic of your HRE's!! ;)

I was trying to steer them away from HRE's...With you and RedSnake copying every damm poser mod I do...we're all gonna end up with the same car! :cool:

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i wasnt being a hater, i was complimenting your car :nod: hahahahahaha, roe shocks anybody?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did forget to mention Fikse, thanks Snake. Fikse isn't seen very often on Vipers, but I would consider them if I had a Viper. Especially since everyone else has HREs (nothing wrong w/ them, but they're getting everywhere). Fikse has a nice clean, smooth look. I think they're one of the most tasteful wheels for the Viper.