Which cars come close to being better than Vipers?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken you can pick up used Z06's as well as vipers the difference is they can be had in the low 30's. I can tell you as an owner of both the Z06 and viper the 06 is hard to beat for the money.The mustang is not nearly as fast as they claim, stockers are slow, my best friend has a new one and has done quite a few inexpensive mod's and the best it has run is 12.00 on radials and the cheap mods are now out of the hundreds and into the thousands.To me bang for the buck means the total package and in my opinion the mustang is the worst value, its dated and heavy and the engine noise and the way the power comes on ***** in my opinion, there is only 2 choices viper or vette, unless your strictly a drag racer and then you can make a case for the mustang.I will agree though the viper prices are really getting low! must be that new model, you know what they say out with the old and in with the new.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After having just come in from out of town. I drove a Volvo and a Lincoln Town car. Then I drove our Suburban. I then drove the M5.

I can easily say the Viper is way more fun than the other cars.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, my Z06 is faster than yours!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
Just kidding....my daily is a bad *** Blk 01 z06 head and cam package...it hauls*** 445 rwhp and it is lite!!!! Tranny ratios are perfect....It is not as fast as my ACR....but man it is fun. When I pull off kinda hard, and go through the gears it sounds just like an in car camera Winston Cup car coming out of the pits. Hope to see you all boys in Tx. at the Fest!!! GB3

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to weigh in for the Z06 as well. Our 01 Z06 is a great car - not as much power as our 99 GTS, but many other areas where it is superior to the big Dodge.

I actually prefer the Viper emotionally because the looks and the engine are just fantastic, but if I was looking for a sports car right now, I'd get a new Z06 for the mid forty thousand dollar range rather the look for a used Gen II Viper or pay $90,000 (?) for an SRT-10.

The Z06 is really a hell of a good car.

Jim

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GB3......4 times better? I told you you'd have a blast in the Z06!!

Hey, I'll run ya snake.....long as I can use the 1000!!

Seeya!

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike.....fancy seeing you here!!!! I said 4 times better....this is a Viper forum!!!!! You know I love cool cars, and bikes. How is the new family member ? The TT650rwhpc5....with VIPER tires!!!!!! Happy New Year, lots of boost to ya! GB3

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GB3......Happy New Year to ya and too all!!!

That's right, you never know where I might show up! Like you said, it's all about COOL cars!! New family member is well, hoping it'll dry up REAL SOON, I'm ready for boost to ring in the new year!!

I'll make sure I give those VIPER tires a work out for ya!!

Seeya!!

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well ive had 3 vipers and a 02 zo6.the z is a killer car no doubt.it runs and handles awsum and sounds the part also.it was only a few ticks slower than my snakes.the z made its power in revving .i like the power and tourqe down low thus i choose the viper.my o2 was a great car and i would of kept it but i did miss that tourqe of the snake..i flew to indiana to get the z and drove it straight home to delaware and it was so comfortable ect.really a great car that can be made faster easily.
another gripe i had was there are as many c5s around hear as hondas and i like to be different.there are a few snakes around but you dont see many.the deals are getting good on the z market too. there was a 03 z on ebay with a 43k open bid with no reserve.i guess for 40 gs you can get a really nice low mile z.viper is my favorite and always will be but dont knock those z06 s till you have been there and done that.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
46Hemi - the man I bought my business from used to race such cars. Ed Miller - he was world champ super stock driver in 1967. Based on his success, he was one of the lucky few to be able to buy 68 Hemi Barracuda race cars, which he campaigned.

The most recent issue of Car Craft has a center picture spread of Ed racing Ronny Sox. Both are in 68 Hemi 'Cudas.

He never repeated his world champ success, but he was the best in his day. 4 speed Hemi cars with no chatter boxes or electronics like they have these days, yet incredible consistency from the driver.

Ed bought Sox & Martin's last drag vehicle four year ago - a Pro Stock Dakota truck. He never raced it, despite plans to do so. The class doesn't even exist anymore. It's for sale, if you know anyone interested. Jerry Haas chassis, and all the best of other goodies.

Yeah Hemi cars are cool. An SRT-10 with a supercharged 528 Hemi would work for me. An REAL exhaust note to go with the new look!

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi George, I ran all my 10 sec runs with Purner wheels, skinnes up front and M/T et streets ( 10x26 ) rears. 1.47 60 foot...3.33
rear sprocket..
smile.gif
bike racer comin out in me... Full ex with cats. I shifted very carefull...kinda quick granny shifting..GB3

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
easy, an srt-10! bang for the buck the viper has power, handling looks. hard to compete with.

as far as distinction and handling the lotus elise comes to mind. i'm not sure what the availability is here in the us these days.

I consdidered responding with the usual z06, m5, e55, 993 TT, etc. what it boils down to for me really is the distinctive styling, the lotus defintely has it in my book.

as far as practical is concerned, i like the porsche 996's, nice all around driver. common enough not to stick out though with enough performace and comfort to enjoy regularly.

Jason

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1968 Hemi Dart for me.

Here is a quote from a well known publication in regards to this car:

"As impressive as the weight distribution had been designed, it is when the fiberglass hood is removed that the real marvel of this bad boy begins. The 426 c.i. Hemi engine makes approximately 600 horsepower and when you consider that it is bolted into a car that only weighs 2,150 pounds the obvious question should be, "How do keep the front tires on the ground?" This power is churned through a Torqueflite automatic transmission complete with a Hurst Dual-Gate shifter. And just think, in 1968 you could purchase all this for $5,208!!! But, don't expect a heater, a radio (too heavy for this bad ride).

DAMM!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A new GT-40

My 67 Stang I wore down my skin restoring and then sold like a dope

My first car .... 1969 Blue 4 door Dodge Dart, 3 speed on the column, slant 6.

The MACH 5.

Andrew

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HOGDEALER:
..... MY CUSTOM HARLEY-DAVIDSON VIPER BIKE WITH 240 WIDE TIRE, .....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is that? Also, can I put a 240 on my V-Rod?