Which headers to buy?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would someone that is claiming that belangers run cooler than other stainless headers explain their reasoning behind their claim. Also, when doing so, make sure you are comparing ceramic coated stainless headers to the belangers.

Note that I qualified my statements about heat issues as anecdotal and did not even number it as a reason. You are obviously more qualified than a "guesser" like me about this issue. Could you speak to what effect there would be if the aluminized was says twice the thickness of stainless?

Regarding my own anecdote, my car came to me with wrapped, 304 stainless Edlebrock headers. The headers cooked a whole in the front corner of my fresh air box. Louis Belanger tells me (take that for what you will) that he has never seen or had a customer complain about this happening with their headers, but when I posted about my problem I heard from multiple people that had seen it with stainless headers. There are, of course, a lot of variables including that proximity could be the big issue, so like I said, I have no REAL idea of the effect of material on heat in the engine compartment.

I have heard of folks using surface temperature thermometers to diagnose misfiring injectors. Perhaps such a simple test between Belanger and stainless headers would give some info regarding surface temps of different materials.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, Stu, you are an idiot. I've told you that before, but I thought I'd tell you again so you wouldn't forget.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, Stu, you are an idiot. I've told you that before, but I thought I'd tell you again so you wouldn't forget.

go stick a "BIG carrot" up your ass.

little *****

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187