which is faster a gen1 with a Roe SC or a gen 2 creampuff with a Roe SC?

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so wich would be faster a gen 1 with a roe supercharger with a 10 lb pulley or a gen 2 creampuff with a 5 lb pulley. i have one of each and was trying to decide wich would make more hp and wich would be faster?

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
run em :D with my car knowledge, i would guess the creampuff may have it over the gen 1 because creampuff or not, the HP differences just between the generations is enough to make up for 5lb difference in boost. ill bet on your gen 2

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad do you ever leave this site or do you take your lap-top with you to the bathroom also? Just curious...

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have one of each of the cars. but i don't have a supercharger on either one yet. i am trying to guesstimate which one would be best to put a SC on. p.s. the gen 2 is red.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good question...I would say it depends on the driver. Since you are driving both, I would choose the car that I would rather leave stock and s/c the other car. I can sell you two s/c's and you can really answer that question :D

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen1 with a 10lb according to Roe. With a high flow exhaust, definately Gen1 on higher boost since the exhaust is 25 more added hp especially with the blower added, and that's not a baised answer. Plus the Gen1 will be more reliable if you are not going to upgrade the Gen2 internals.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't had the head gaskets done on the Gen1, then put the ROE kit on the Gen1 and do some good 'while you're in there' work. A good head port on a Gen1 will flow nearly as well as a Gen2. My Gen1 with heads/708 cam/Headers/exhaust/ROE 6lb pulley is making 600RWHP.

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i already have the gaskets done by chuck t. the big plus with the 96 is that it has high flow cats and a catback exhaust.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21