Which K&N intake for SRT10?

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see there are two intake kits (#63-1536 and #57-1536) from K&N for SRT10.
Any difference in these two?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see there are two intake kits (#63-1536 and #57-1536) from K&N for SRT10.
Any difference in these two?

Did anyone try Green Filters? in the past i have had much better results with them over K&N. I will order a set this week.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered mine from Jon and partsrack, they should be in shortly. If you give him a call , he'll be very helpful. Now I just need to do some additional reading on the install. I remember reading that the ventilation hose needed to be drilled out to 1/2 inch from 3/8 inch. I don't know if they fixed this problem or not.

Can anyone chime in.....did K&N fix this manufacturing defect? I was not told anything from Jon and partsrack about the defect.

Patrick

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered mine from Jon and partsrack, they should be in shortly. If you give him a call , he'll be very helpful. Now I just need to do some additional reading on the install. I remember reading that you needed to expand the holes in the K&N set-up . I don't know if they fixed this problem or not.

Can anyone chime in.....did K&N fix this manufacturing defect?

Patrick
I believe they have this taken care of. I purchased a K & N kit and had no issues, just plug and play. Just make sure you're not buying a 2 year old kit sitting on a shelf or you might have to drill some holes.

G

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered mine from Jon and partsrack, they should be in shortly. If you give him a call , he'll be very helpful. Now I just need to do some additional reading on the install. I remember reading that you needed to expand the holes in the K&N set-up . I don't know if they fixed this problem or not.

Can anyone chime in.....did K&N fix this manufacturing defect?

Patrick
I believe they have this taken care of. I purchased a K & N kit and had no issues, just plug and play. Just make sure you're not buying a 2 year old kit sitting on a shelf or you might have to drill some holes.

G

Well we'll see when I get it but I am assuming that Jon would not be selling a 2 year old system. At least I hope he would not........I'll take pictures and let you folks know.

Patrick

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought mine from Jon @ Parts Rack 2 weeks ago.

It is indeed "plug & play".

When removing the air-temp sensor, make sure you take your time. I heated the plastic with a blow dryer and then I sprayed WD-40 (very sparingly) around the grommet. It was a pain, but it did come out of the stock unit and go back in the K&N. Just be patient!

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed you are in LA. Dan Cragen at DC Performance installed a Green Filter on mine. He swears by them and feels they work better on the Gen III's than the K & N.

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an early K&N that I would like to sell. It has drill-outs of ½” and ¼” which were recommended back then. As you can see from my signature, this kit was instrumental in helping me achieve a sub 12-second ¼ mile. I plan to return my car to 100% bone stock and see what I can turn in the upcoming season.

Please email me privately if anyone has interest.

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. But what about the correct part # for the K&N kit? Does any one know as to which part number is the later model K&N?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed you are in LA. Dan Cragen at DC Performance installed a Green Filter on mine. He swears by them and feels they work better on the Gen III's than the K & N.
Exactly, i have dynoed many Mercedes with K&N and actually lost HP. With Green Filters we gained.

05 Venom

I also lost power with the K&N's. Went with the green filters...very happy.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the S&B's from roe 80 for both, the fit was tight, If they would have came to me in the K&n box I would have never known they were s&b, very nice for the money.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have tested all the kits. The Green Filters make the same power as all the other kits on our dyno. 5-7hp. The K&N may be better on modified engines.

Dan Cragin
President
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996