Which one would you trade?

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a new MB 04 SL600 with the BiTurbo V12 engine. I will need to trade one of these vehicles. A red GTS 2001 with 2800 miles or a 04 SRT-10, Silver, with 950 miles. Cannot keep both due to space limitations so which one would you keep/trade??

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fred;

I would have no problem letting the GTS go! Besides this being an "SRT/VGX Forum" and the obvious SRT bias to be found here, the SRT is a better, faster, better braking, better cornering machine.

Unless it's a "looks thing", my choice would be to dump the GTS.

If you ever want to buy another GTS in the future, pick up the classic 96' Blue/Stripes... I'm sure that will be a collectable classic someday.

Just my opinion of course!

Jim

OP
OP
F

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer will be revealed next week! Which one goes??? thanks guys for your response!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fred,Im just curious here.You posted on this forum and also the gen 1/2.Are you really that unsure of this that you are going to use the opinions of this small sampling to make a decision like this?I recapped it for you.The srt forum was keep the srt,the gen 2 forum was keep the gts.No surprises there.Whatever you do ,good luck!!

OP
OP
F

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
craig makes a good point. One can always buy another SRT-10, not so with the GTS!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will be able to buy a GTS whenever you want one.I cant see 20 years down the road,but in the short term(5-10 years),these cars will be available all day long.The collector car argument doesnt begin for quite awhile.And who's to say the srt-10 wont be a short production run,and discontinued in the near future?Dont worry about what you can buy in 10years,just keep the car you like.

OP
OP
F

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I should have said, " will not be able to buy a "new" GTS again.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was considering whether or not to move from my 96 RT/10 to an 03 SRT. My decision for now is to stay with the 96 RT since it doesn't have to be a daily driver. There is something more elemental, brutal, less refined about the Gen I and Gen II cars that appeals to the old time sport car buff in me, and makes me feel like I'm driving a Cobra, and not a C5 Vette.

After taking Skip Barber and doing Motocross in the SRTs, then driving home with no windows and no top on my 96 RT 10, I concluded that the SRT is a better daily driver, but that the RT/10 pushes more of my "sport car" buttons.

Only you can decide for you, which of the cars reaches further into your synapses, and sport car emotions. Whichever one calls out to you more is the one to keep.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Larry
99 S420 Mercedes
96 RT/10 (Black w/silver stripes)

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT is a convertible and is more refined (including the looks). But that is what you will be getting with the SL. I have a Benz and a GTS and really like the complementary nature of the two. One is raw testosterone and the other is the epitome of refinement. No use having two similar cars.

I know, I know, the SRT is a beast and totally out-classes the Benz in performance but THAT Benz is not too far off, especially since they are both Verts that run 11's and stop like crazy, all day long.

Do you want two verts? Obviously, I'd go with the GTS for a fun car.

My $0.02.

Chad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery