Which seat lowering Kit?

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey folks, have a 2006 SRT-10 coming in a few days and am wondering what level of seat lowering kit I should get. I am 6'4" but would like to keep the movement that the 1" drop allows so that my wife could also drive but if you think that the 2" non moveable would work best then I would do that. So any ideas? Also where is the best place to purchase said kit and what kind of time and effort is involved in installing one?

Thanks

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the 1" northwind kit form Jon, Parts Rack, as it allows adjustment. I am 5'11" tall, 205 lbs. It really comes down to personal choice but I am not sure if the 2" unit is adjustable.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want the northwind 1 inch adjustable, I will sell you one for $165, including shipping anywhere in the 48 states.

I've modified the kit to upgrade the flimsy wire with a cable and a turnbuckle adjustment, which makes the kit much easier to adjust and stronger.

If you want it drop me a pm.

Kai

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey folks, have a 2006 SRT-10 coming in a few days and am wondering what level of seat lowering kit I should get. I am 6'4" but would like to keep the movement that the 1" drop allows so that my wife could also drive but if you think that the 2" non moveable would work best then I would do that. So any ideas? Also where is the best place to purchase said kit and what kind of time and effort is involved in installing one?

Thanks
im 6'3" 220lbs and i fit real good. the only thing i need to do is adjust the clutch pedal different than the gas/brake.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] im 6'3" 220lbs and i fit real good. the only thing i need to do is adjust the clutch pedal different than the gas/brake.

[/QUOTE]

I'm 6'-4" and fit in pretty well with the 1" kit- it actually looks like it drops it a bit more like 1.5". As far as the clutch pedal goes, see my other post. Roe Racing will have a fix maybe next spring they said.

DViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 2" kit for both the drver and passenger seats that I will let go of for $150 for both seats. The 2" will fit over the amp on the passenger side, while the 1" adjustable won't.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Get the 2-inch kit for both sides. I have it on both sides.

Don't waste time on the 1-incher, it won't work well for a guy your size, won't fit over the amp on the passenger side and won't be comfortable with a helmet.

With the adjustable pedals, your wife should not have any problems driving the car unless she's a midget. My wife drives mine easily and she's only 5'7".

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are 6'4" the ONLY kit to get is the 2" lowering kit . I am 6'3" and fit snug. By the way, when the kit is installed because it sits lower the side of the seat (lateral bolster part) is pressed up against the center console and will dig into the upper thigh a bit. A little annoying for long rides.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the 2" kit for both the drver and passenger seats that I will let go of for $150 for both seats. The 2" will fit over the amp on the passenger side, while the 1" adjustable won't.

do you still have this available?

OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, looks like I will probably go with the 2" as my wife is 5' 9" so the peddle adjustment should work. I have seen some suggestions on where to get one or two as well as some private parties anyone have an absolute recommendation on where to get them? Also what is the effort in installing them? A day an hour a weekend?

Thanks

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, looks like I will probably go with the 2" as my wife is 5' 9" so the peddle adjustment should work. I have seen some suggestions on where to get one or two as well as some private parties anyone have an absolute recommendation on where to get them? Also what is the effort in installing them? A day an hour a weekend?

Thanks

northwind engineering

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
A couple of hours should do it.

Easy install.

Call Northwind and have them email you the photos, they'll help a bunch.

Dan

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks

Yeah, the pedals move, but will she be able to see over the dashboard?
:needpics:

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody tried drilling holes in the stock seat mounting brackets to lower the seat height? Why did Dodge make the seats so high in the first place?

Flash

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
__________________________________________________________________________________
Has anybody tried drilling holes in the stock seat mounting brackets to lower the seat height? Why did Dodge make the seats so high in the first place?

Flash
__________________________________________________________________________________

You're kidding, right .....

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think i'm going to just rip my seat brackets out, and drill a hole through the seat and floor pan, then i will run a 10" bolt with washers right through the two to fasten them together. ;-)