Which year/color RT/10 will be the most collectible?

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what about the early 93's? with the antennas? thats a pretty rare ones. Its like the left over 92's, only 150 or so of them i think?

Unless it's a 92', that antenna personally turns me off. But if only you could rebadge the 93' and say it was a 92' :eek:
:2tu:

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
quote:

The early years have ,so far, failed to show any real appreciation ,unless they have extraordinarily low miles.

coming from a guy who is selling some of his gen 1's for well over forty thousand dollars!!!!

i think all of the early vipers will eventually appreciate (at different levels, that being ther more rare will increase before the less rare) as long as they are well taken care of and have reasonably low miles on them!

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with JUCD VPR. I think the 99 Blk RT/10s are going to be worth some money in the long run, especially with the cognac int. There were only 116 made and I think they are the best looking vipers to date.

I do agree that the 97 B/W RT/10 and the 1 of 1 ACR RT/10 are definitly the front runners.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were less red 99 Viper RT/10's than black ones! So they are more rare and absolutely faster ;)

Any 97 RT will be the car to have, check the classifieds for one RIGHT NOW :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1997 Blue/White

Agreed. Without a doubt these are going to be the winners. Afterall, look at what they trade for now. $55,000 - $60,000 range depending on mileage? Not a bad investment for original owners. Seems like they were able to drive a car for years and end up paying almost nothing.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the problem. How many "only 1 of ***" are there? Every year has multiple variations. Every Viper is only "one of ***".

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely the 97 by a long shot. The early years have ,so far, failed to show any real appreciation ,unless they have extraordinarily low miles. I would venture that the next most desirable RT-10, after the 97 Blue/white ,would be the ABS cars of 2001 and 2002. Follow that with making sure the cars have the factory top ( new suggested retail is $7000 for red or black tops only )so the car is a fully optioned machine and one should be in great shape.

PS - the hardtop was standard in 2002, yet many cars are being sold without the top and folks are being told they did not come standard. The reason is obvious, many of the tops are being sold on the side.

Bill P :nana:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2000 RT/10 without hard top. I prefer to drive ******* so do not personally care if I got hard top as it would just gather dust in garage. Do you really think it would be worth it for me to get hard top now just to add to collector value?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my '01 the ht was an option and i bought it(good for track days also)

my '02 it became an included option(at a cost) and was glad i had it.

if you hold onto your carlong enough to the age when it actually becomes collectable the top would certianlly add value in my opinion(how much noone knows)