Who’s MAKING more HP than the 08 Viper now?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark J;

The minute you get the Paxton S/C package with warranty option worked out, make a big splash (and let me know).

Since I purchased the factory Dodge extended 7yr, 100,000 mile, $0 deductible warranty, when I bought the car new, the warranty aspect and a Rocky Mountain "high altitude" tune, are the only things keeping me from having you pick up my car and slapping the huffer on there.

I am EXTREMELY excited at what you just said.

My only motor upgrade mods will consist of full Bellanger exhaust system (no cross over) and the stock polished Paxton kit with the upgraded DLM water pump and cooler. If that can be warrantied in full (along with the other very minor driveline mods, (355 gears and Fidanza lightweight flywheel) I just completed with your parts, installed by Dodge with a factory certified Viper tech., along with their new tranny they installed under warranty) and not mess with my factory extended warranty, then I am completely sold. Make it one time transferable, like the factory extended warranty and I mean, I am completely, completely sold.

I assume this will also be the case with many other pre-08 Viper owners.

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that since there is an English car listed in MSN's old top 10 list that is sold with a Viper TT engine (rated 1,000hp) that Hennessey's anc Lingenfelter's cars should also be considered as being at the top of the list, expecially when they're rated at over 1,000hp for about $200,000.

Ted

I believe the British car maker is Bristol.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark J;

The minute you get the Paxton S/C package with warranty option worked out, make a big splash (and let me know).

Since I purchased the factory Dodge extended 7yr, 100,000 mile, $0 deductible warranty, when I bought the car new, the warranty aspect and a Rocky Mountain "high altitude" tune, are the only things keeping me from having you pick up my car and slapping the huffer on there.

I am EXTREMELY excited at what you just said.

My only motor upgrade mods will consist of full Bellanger exhaust system (no cross over) and the stock polished Paxton kit with the upgraded DLM water pump and cooler. If that can be warrantied in full (along with the other very minor driveline mods, (355 gears and Fidanza lightweight flywheel) I just completed with your parts, installed by Dodge with a factory certified Viper tech., along with their new tranny they installed under warranty) and not mess with my factory extended warranty, then I am completely sold. Make it one time transferable, like the factory extended warranty and I mean, I am completely, completely sold.

I assume this will also be the case with many other pre-08 Viper owners.
Jeez...how in the hell will you get that Paxton power to the ground w/ 3:55 gears? Check out the 1/4 and 1/2 mile times. Most s/c high power Vipers w/ over 700 rwhp are slower in the 1/4 times than the 600 rwhp n/a cars. It is all due to wheel spin. And in road courses the heat soak and additional weight and querky handling from the Paxton system offset the higher hp gain. So where on earth will you be able to have an advantage from the Paxton and the 3:55 gears? This is not a criticism....just an effort to find where on earth can you win a race w/ that combo? (ready for the onslaught from all the Paxton guys)

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just at a car last weekend and the local Ferrari and Lambo club were there, and a few other exotics showed up as well. A Mercedes SLR was parked next to my GTS, and it got half the attention as the Viper. A Ferrari 430 was on the other side an few even noticed it. There was an Enzo, 2 Countachs, an F-40, numerous Gallardos and Porsches. Next to the Enzo, the Viper drew biggest crowd. I've never been crazy about the looks of the Enzo until I got to see one upclose. Everything was carbon fiber, and someone took great pride in the finished product. While it's a phenominal car, but I shudder to think about maintenance cost and I doubt an Enzo could stand up to the abuse that we put our Vipers through.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the Bentley Continental GT, isnt that one 650 hp????

Either way the Viper is a phenom, should have been this way from the start, but we all can use a wake up call every now and then. The new Z06 will be in the same grouping though (if it's possible to get one).

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the Bentley Continental GT, isnt that one 650 hp????

Either way the Viper is a phenom, should have been this way from the start, but we all can use a wake up call every now and then. The new Z06 will be in the same grouping though (if it's possible to get one).
I have an 05 Bentley GT, it has 550 hp, but the key is that it is all wheel drive. The new 08 Bentley GT Speed has 600 hp. But even w/ 550 hp, on a cool day my Bentley gave my stock Viper fits from 0-80 mph or so. If I were crazy enough to change the gearing in the Bentley and play around w/ the turbo's, I would smoke a stock Viper in 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. In its current form, the Benltey has a higher top speed than my Viper...but again, I am not crazy enough to ever really find that out first hand!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just at a car last weekend and the local Ferrari and Lambo club were there, and a few other exotics showed up as well. A Mercedes SLR was parked next to my GTS, and it got half the attention as the Viper. A Ferrari 430 was on the other side an few even noticed it. There was an Enzo, 2 Countachs, an F-40, numerous Gallardos and Porsches. Next to the Enzo, the Viper drew biggest crowd. I've never been crazy about the looks of the Enzo until I got to see one upclose. Everything was carbon fiber, and someone took great pride in the finished product. While it's a phenominal car, but I shudder to think about maintenance cost and I doubt an Enzo could stand up to the abuse that we put our Vipers through.
The problem w/ the F430 is that it is simply a redesigned 360, and that design is dated by now. I see 360's and F430's in NY and CT frequently. I can count the number of Vipers I have seen in the last 5 years on two hands (excluding Viper events) While I love the SLR, it has a similar front fascia of the bottom line C series Benz, and that takes away from it's exotic-ness. I see Gallardo's frequently here in CT, outside of their loud paint jobs, they look more like a strange Toyota Celica. Porsches, I love, but again, all 911-997 Porsches share the same old boring lines...a fat ass and a Volkwagon looking nose. Those Porsche lines have been around since I was a kid reading car mags. I really love the Countach, the Enzo, Diablo's and even the Murci...but I think the reason the Viper is such a magnet is b/c it is exactly what a sports car is supposed to be....mean, aggressive, intimidating, and very rare. The Ferrari's have a touch of femanimity in their lines, but no one can wonder about what a Viper does, and what it is. It is one bad ass car....plain and simple.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see you got your car back from Chuck with upgrades. I saw in a post that Chuck did some head work. Can you give us some details on what Chuck did to the engine? How are you coming up with the 600 rehp number?

The problem w/ the F430 is that it is simply a redesigned 360, and that design is dated by now. I see 360's and F430's in NY and CT frequently. I can count the number of Vipers I have seen in the last 5 years on two hands (excluding Viper events) While I love the SLR, it has a similar front fascia of the bottom line C series Benz, and that takes away from it's exotic-ness. I see Gallardo's frequently here in CT, outside of their loud paint jobs, they look more like a strange Toyota Celica. Porsches, I love, but again, all 911-997 Porsches share the same old boring lines...a fat ass and a Volkwagon looking nose. Those Porsche lines have been around since I was a kid reading car mags. I really love the Countach, the Enzo, Diablo's and even the Murci...but I think the reason the Viper is such a magnet is b/c it is exactly what a sports car is supposed to be....mean, aggressive, intimidating, and very rare. The Ferrari's have a touch of femanimity in their lines, but no one can wonder about what a Viper does, and what it is. It is one bad ass car....plain and simple.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I'm SO disappointed about the Ferrari FXX. I mean, I've got the $1.8 million lying around, but the 20 lucky people being chosen by committee to own one?!? I was 21st on that list!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to my drag times (trap speed @ 127mph), I've got about 625hp N/A. Cost me 12k on my GTS. Sounds mean as hell too. :D

Add a new cam, intake mani, TB's and retune, should get me close to that 750hp.

The wimpy 708-like cam I have is what's holding the car back now.

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you can get a Gen3 with a Paxton and have 750 reliable Hp for about $85K on a good day and drive it everyday! Gen3 cars with the S/C option are still king of the hill for the $$$ IMHO.

Mark Jorgensen

My thoughts exactly:headbang:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are probably a few Gen II owners with TT and 1000 hp who might disagree with you on that.

the key was drive it every day and initial cost....the TT set up is a lot more money up front

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I'm SO disappointed about the Ferrari FXX. I mean, I've got the $1.8 million lying around, but the 20 lucky people being chosen by committee to own one?!? I was 21st on that list!
That's so sad! I feel your loss. :lmao:

But on the positive side, you could buy the '08 coupe AND convertible in EVERY color and still have a few hundred K's left over. :2tu:

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That why I love the Vipers. The blue collar SuperCar.:D

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL, well i think 30 lucky people and its not street legal

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Jeez...how in the hell will you get that Paxton power to the ground w/ 3:55 gears? Check out the 1/4 and 1/2 mile times. Most s/c high power Vipers w/ over 700 rwhp are slower in the 1/4 times than the 600 rwhp n/a cars. It is all due to wheel spin. And in road courses the heat soak and additional weight and querky handling from the Paxton system offset the higher hp gain. So where on earth will you be able to have an advantage from the Paxton and the 3:55 gears? This is not a criticism....just an effort to find where on earth can you win a race w/ that combo? (ready for the onslaught from all the Paxton guys)"

Black Mamba; there are plenty of guys out there running this set-up. My vehicle never has or will ever see a track of any kind. It is strictly a street set-up. That said, if you have ever had to "pedal" a car down the drag strip, you would understand how to handle this set-up. It is not for every one though. Sounds like you do not have this experience, as not many people have.

When you start to get into this HP range, it ALL comes down to the driver. I am more than confident in my abilities in this arena. As far as numbers, just put someone in the car that knows how to drive it and the numbers change fast.

BTW My other car is a 1995 Saleen S351 with a 408 Stroker, short gear Tremec tranny, 3.55 gears and the factory Vortech, now running 10 psi, amongst the many other upgrades. It dynos at 576 RWHP and over 615 lbs of torque at the rear wheels, in the lovely Rocky Mountain Air (or lack there of). You have to know to drive it and learn to feather the gas pedal with vehicles like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang