Who can build me a Performance Transmission

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try: www.rocklandstandardgear.com . They build transmissions of all levels, even offer different ratios if you desire to set the tranny up for a specific purpose.

Here is the link to the Racing and Performance Area of their site.

The Viper racing tranny is model T56-018M.
List Price-$3500 Racer Net $2400, exchange

"Rockland Standard Gear produces race and performance transmissions for the top professional road race and drag strip teams, many kit car manufacturers, hot rods, and enthusiasts who wish to increase the performance and durability of their vehicles. We have bulletproof race ready transmissions for C5 Corvettes, Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, and Dodge Vipers, and rear differentials for the C5 Corvettes. We are the only ZF certified source for parts and transmissions for the ZF S6-40 6 speed transmission used in the C4 Corvettes from 1989 to 1996. Call our reman division at extension 130 and let our team of experts help you with your performance and racing needs. We are available to help you with your project."

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to the guys at Rockland about fixing my tranny as they stock T-56 parts which are apparently hard to come by for some unknown reason. They seem to know their stuff.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
G-Force is the best and has proved it. Pricing is competitive. No reason to even take a chance with anyone else.

OP
OP
V

vegasviper

How much for G-Foce w/ exchange?

Also, can first gear be extended for us SC guys for more first gear MPH before running out of RPMs

OP
OP
V

vegasviper

I would like to spend my money on a proven and tested transmission. Can i get input from those who have taken the step of upgrading and how those transmissions are holding up to the abuse of serious HP

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your looking for tested tranny's. look to either Jerico or Richmond....

OP
OP
V

vegasviper

So, how about first gear ratio can i get more MPH with a change

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have lower ratios. You'd have to ask them about higher. Why would you want a longer 1st gear though?