Who drives #97 at VD?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just curious to know who drives (or drove) the Red #97 GTS? Apparently this car was in a bad wreck in the past and I'm curious to know what happened. Thanks.
BjB

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe Bliss drives the red # 97 in GT-1 class of the ViperDays race group. Last year he drove in the GT-2 class which is a mostly stock setup using standard Michelin street tires. If I remember, Joe did have a wreck at Road America and converted his car to the higher performance GT-1 class towards the end of last year. Since then, Joe has been very consistant, (he's always been a great driver) finishing in the top five in most races this year. We ran very closly together at VIR this year in both races that weekend and it was a lot of fun.

Joe Bliss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little clarification, my car #97 was never wrecked. It is a race car and has had a few bumps and scrapes but never anything serious. The road america incident involved a blown heater hose and alot of steam. The car never left the track. The real incident occured when the famous race car driver Evil Joe Ellis "lost it" in the carosel and totalled the car. He has since bought a new black Viper and is once again kicking butt in the VRL.
The most "interesting" event I had recently occured at Putnam Park on turn 1 at the start of the race when another driver was a little too aggressive and forced me to move two wheels off the track. When I stopped moving over, we made contact. I recovered and finished the race in 5th place. (without a front splitter). The side sill suffered some damage, the hood had a minor gouge and the two left wheels sustained some outer ring damage. Nothing serious. Just a racing incident. The car will be 99% pristine at VOI7.
Thanks for your interest.
Joe Bliss