Who has 3.55 gears with the paxton or roe set up?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only one person I know who has a Roe setup with 3.45s and he loved em. His name is snakebit(I think), and I raced with him in Watkings Glenn last year. He also loved the setup for drag racing. On the street I think it's a bit too much gear especially with the tq the Roe blower makes :D

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe 1TONY1 also has the 3.55's as well.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have the 3.55's and I like them. I think they make daily driving better...starting off in first etc. The problem is that you will run out of forth gear somewhere around 138 -140 mph in the quarter.....about 10.50 to 10.30 elapsed time. If that is a big concern maybe go with a 3.31 or 3.33, whatever the Viper version is. This pass of mine was at about 6000 rpm in forth through the lights: http://www.catt.com/~darmour/viper1048.mpg

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this set up and AXE got the same too after being in my car.

Tony, what size tire did you run in the back on that pass?
Just wondering if a taller tire might make up the difference

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man! Tony does your Viper make that whinning noise? It sounds awesome! Does the paxton's do that?

On your run, you used 3.55 gears? Any traction problems?
What kind of poower do you have?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the front that is what it sounds like at full throttle. It had the 3.55 gears on that pass.....it may have barely been hazing the tires, not a bad thing.
570 hp 587 tq on a dynojet last Saturday.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they've about covered it. It's much better for just driving around on the street and accelerating from a roll. But for WOT in 1st you'll definitely need some sticky tires. In fact I wish I had stickier tires at WOT in 2nd sometimes, but that's the tradeoff for running pimpy 19" wheels--no sticky 19" tires. :)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony is there a 28 inch et street avalable and would that help making the gearing slightly higher for a faster et?
Yes there is. It would change the final ratio but I don't know that it would help make a quiker et except that the potential for a better sixty foot is there because its a little wider and has more side wall. They will not fit without trimming the frame and the wheelwell for clearance and even then there is still some rubbing of the wheelwell.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, I just wondered if they would fit because i thought that rather than holding redline in 4th you could still be accelerating with the taller tire

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery