Who has a stock GTS with nitrous?

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What set up do you have?
How much rwhp and rwtq ?
1/4 mile time and speed?
GUYS,I need your help to decide what to do.
Thanks.
:2tu:

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not stock, I have a simple Tooofst(nos)kit. I have full exhaust, 1.7 rockers and vec1. My car made 443rwhp, 485rwtq on motor. it made 538rwhp and 654rwtq on juice, my a/f was very low. it showed 10.5 and that's the lowest the wideband reads.

VIPER006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AlvaSpeed,

I have the exact mods you do. None. Hopefully tomorrow by NX wet kit should be done, I'm going with a 200 shot. As per faq page on NX, the recommended shot is about 20 per cylinder without need for timing retard or regapping the plugs. I am going to take the car to the dyno again to see the power difference and of course check the A/F ratio. I just went to the dyno this past Friday and pulled 407 rwhp and 423 rwtq at 100 degrees F(very hot). So I will find this post and let you know the power difference. Check back towards Saturday. Oh, and if you like the numbers I can give you the part #s for the NX kit and accesories. Later.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alva, I started with a 100 shot, but my car was running realy rich. I will be going to 150 shot in the next couple of days. The only thing I would do different is the size of the bottle, I would go with a 15 or 20 lbs.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Westcoast Viper put an NX 300 shot on my stock motor, then added roller rockers, exhaust and high flows. Next step was an NX maximiser computer and a custom larger shot that NX called a 450 shot.. It dynoed 765 rwhp and peaked the dyno for a long stretch at 1000 rwtq. It was tough on the driveline, but got that $orted out.
Then I had heads cam and underdrive pulleys, PCM programming and fuel system done. It's in now for a dual bottle set up to get better vapour pressure in the higher RPM range to try and get the full 450.

Best bang for the buck is the 300 shot kit with the maximiser. The maximiser allows you to ramp the shot in and use very little in 1st so you you shouldn't break stuff. You can start with the 150 jets until you get used to it.

OP
OP
A

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your replys.
VIPER006 and PRVT JET: I will follow up your results!!!!!!
There are no dynos in Panama yet so I want to be careful.
Dont want to blow up my V10!!!!
As you may have read here I raced a '93 RT10 with a (supossedly)550 engine and I beat him. I raced the other RT10 (''93 stock)in Panama and beat him too (the guy is a road race champion).
Then the 550RT10 guy installed a NX kit and we raced again. This time he passed me before I hit 4th gear and kept pulling away. I was impressed.
That is why I am interested in a "safe" nitrous kit.
Keep me posted!!!!! :2tu:

VIPER006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AlvaSpeed,

My NX wet kit ranges from a 100-150-200-250-300 shot, all jets are included. The maximizer is definately an awsome accessory for this kit. But as Sun Diego said you (and I ) will need to get use to it b/f we can use it. I talked to my mechanic and it should be ready for pick up by tomorrow late or day after. I will be going to the dyno b/f the end of the week. I'll keep you posted. Later

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER006:

A couple of questions. How do you get more than 200 hp from a single NX solenoid and how do you get the fuel into the plenums with a 300 shot.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack B: It sprays both the fuel and the nitrous into the chrome smooth tubes in my car.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested because most of the NX solenoids that are streetable can only flow approximately 200-220 hp. Could you possibly give us the solenoid type and the sprayer type.

VIPER006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jack B,

I believe Sun Diego and I have the same kit(except he has more goodys). My car will be done tomorrow and I will ask my mechanic those specific questions. What I do know is the kit is wet, so the nozzles have a 2(nitrous in and fuel in) to 1 into the polished smooth tubes. It picks up the fuel from the rear of the intake on the passenger side, there is a gold fuel pick up valve at that point. The kit runs a line from there to the fuel solenoid and to the nozzle. The shot is adjusted from the pills in the nozzle, one for the fuel and the other for the nitrous.

But I will get you the solenoid type and number, and sprayer too. Hope the above info helps. BTW, can not wait till pick up the car tomorrow and try the nitrous. Later.

VIPER006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Opps, I also meant to say that the kit has a nozzle in each smooth tube. But you probably had already deducted that from the info. Later.

blueNwhiteViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER006, if you can, find out what jet sizes were used for the fuel and NOS. The jets usually has a number stamped on the side of it. Thanks.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jack - I see you are not getting the answer you are looking for...

What solenoids are you using? I am still running the ones that came with the kit. But I understand that NX makes a high flow set. Also, I have been eyeing the new products from www.racetested.com

Any thoughts?? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Questions for you nitrous guys. How do you engage the nitrous system. Do you use a micro switch on the throttle linkage or do you have a button that you hold? What gears do you use it in? DO you shut it off between gears when shifting?

Bo don't know

VIPER006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bo,
The kit comes with a microswitch that when the throttle bodies are fully open it manually depresses the switch. And inside the car is the main switch on or off. You can either turn the main switch on and once you are full throttle the nitrous engages or be racing down the strip at full throttle and turn on the main switch when you want the nitrous.
But my installer did not like the microswitch, he said it would not look clean and he was going to have to rig it. So we got a throttle position activation switch, it works off the voltage. If any one wants the part #, I have it.
And I have not gotten to use it yet I have to pick up the car today. But my idea is to use it in 3rd gear and fourth gear, I will come slightly off the throttle b/twn those two gears to make sure the nitrous is off; and so I do not over rev the motor. Keep you guys posted. Dyno hopefully tomorrow to post the b/f and after numbers. Later.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin D:

where I was going with my question is that I have yet to see one sprayer set and one nitrous solenoid produce 300 hp. That includes racetested, NOS or NX. Publishing numbers and making numbers are different issues. Most of the advertised 300-600 hp systems use multiple sprayers and solenoids.

Currently I believe the only way to approach 300 hp is with a dual stage or direct port system.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My system produced close to 250 improvement at the rear wheels with the NX stock solenoid on a 300 kit and stock fuel system. When N/X and Westcoast upgraded the shot to what they called a 450 shot they upgraded the nitrous solenoid to one that is apparently good to 500 hp. If you want the part number PM Westcoast Jason. With the new solenoid and jets it has hit 840 rwhp on nitrous, up from 530 rwhp on engine. As I mentioned it is in for a dual bottle system and larger nitrous lines and I'll ask Jason to post the new dyno sheets when it runs next week, which should be a lot higher.

VIPER006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jack B,

Understood. I asked my nitrous guy about the advertised 300 shot versus the real shot. He told me that the solenoid in the kit is good up to the 300, maybe a bit over that. He said though, that the line from the bottle to the solenoid(included with the kit) would only allow up to about 250(maybe). But if you upgrade that line you will see the 300 as per him.
Anyway onto my b/f and after numbers for AlvaSpeed. My tech decided to go with the 150 shot first, since I was going to the dyno to make sure of the a/f. Well here are the before numbers: 407.78 rwhp and 423.67 rwtq at 100.35 F. And the after with the 150 shot is as follows: 511.44 rwhp and 561.33 rwtq at 99.37 F. The a/f on nitrous went below 10 at 3800 rpm till red line. Now he wants me to decide if I want to tune the 150 shot or go up to the 200 and tune that one. He told me if we bring the a/f closer to 12 or 13 it would be more powerful.
BTW, I have heard of seat of pants dyno measure, and I must say mine must be too demanding. I see the numbers are higher especially torque, but I don't feel such a big difference driving the car on juice. Must be in my head.

VIPER006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SunDiego,

Must be nice having West Cost near by you, right. I am just waiting for my full exhaust from Belanger to dyno the car again and send my computer with dyno sheets to Jason. My computer needs tuning pretty bad even of juice it goes rich. I know that is normal for the Vipers but the tuning will help alot. Truley can't wait.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SunDiego,

Must be nice having West Cost near by you, right. I am just waiting for my full exhaust from Belanger to dyno the car again and send my computer with dyno sheets to Jason. My computer needs tuning pretty bad even of juice it goes rich. I know that is normal for the Vipers but the tuning will help alot. Truley can't wait.

Hey Viper, Just drive up to Orlando Larry Macedo is there and does GREAT work on numerous Vipers. I think he built a couple of the cars that won at the latest V-10 nationals and one even holds the world record.

oh LARRY or Cuda Man et al. are you out there, you can chime in with the details.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sun Diego:

Please post the solenoid part number, the NX catalog doesn't have any streetable solenoid capable of over 300 hp on a single stage/single sprayer. The solenoid is the largest restriction in the nitrous system. A 4AN line is good for 300 hp and 6 AN is required over 300 hp.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part # is 15300 according to Jason at Westcoast. It is called the N2O Solenoid-Pro Power. I have been waiting for my larger line for a couple weeks for my new 2 15 lb bottle system. My trunk will be full and changing bottles and dropping vapor pressure at high RPM will be a thing of the past....or the engine will blow. Go big or go home.

OP
OP
A

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks VIPER006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you adjust your a/f ratio?
Thanks a lot.............