who has lowered

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

Alignment . . . Go to dealer? I dont have much experience dealing with dealers service and other shops. Before I moved out here I lived close to a good friend who runs a lambo/ferrari shop and he always took a friday to help me do whatever little stupid thing I was trying to do next.

Thanks again. This page really is a good resource.

Keith

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. Hes right around the corner. He's a helpful guy. I was at one of his dyno events a few months ago. It was a good time regardless of me almost kicking a hole in my car because it overheated every 2 miles and had to have it towed.

Thanks for all the help.

I fired TOOF an email. I always forget he knows everyone in the area.

I didnt know that a special alignment shop needed for a lowered car.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since there has been a lot of talk about these cheap low profile jacks, I decided to take some pics and post how I raise my ride up in the air. It takes me about 5 minutes to do this. in the past, it would take me about 20-30 minutes to get the car in the air by driving on boards and then using the stock jack to raise the car up and then use the cheap autozone jack to get it up. It was time consuming and a big pain in the butt to do! No more!!I spent about $300 for the two aluminum jacks.

below are my two trusty jacks. They are awesome!

You must be registered for see images

As you can see my car sits about 3.5 inches off the ground.

the jacks stand close to about 4" off the floor. As you can tell, they are still to high to go under my Viper

My viper sits too low even for these low profile jacks!

I take one of the jacks and slide it under the rear frame rails. Note, I just jack the car up enough to lift the car about 1-2 inches off the ground..You don't want to completely lift the car off the ground from that part of the rail. It's weak and could have bad effects. I just lift it enough to give me space to put the 2nd jack on the jacking point on the rear side sill.

DO NOT LIFT THE CAR TOTALLY OFF THE GROUND! JUST ENOUGH TO RAISE IT A TAD BIT.

Now I have enough room to slide the jack under the rear jacking points

once the rear of the car is jacked up from the jacking point along the side of the viper, I take the other jack and race over to lift the front up since I now have enough clearance.

Once I lift the front up, I can now remove the rear jack from the side and put it on the other side of the front jacking point to totally lift the front of the car up with out damage!
Notice the rear is now lifted up off the rear jack.

to give you an idea, how low the car sits now, you could stick all five fingers between the fender and the wheel in the past. Now I can barely get two fingers in.

Now for all of you that like to take off your suspension or springs, this tool is a must have. It's a hydraulice spring compressor and it's awesome and safe!

And for us poor garage owning people that don't have clean floors that you can eat off of, I'm sure every once in a while you see coach roaches or bugs in your garage. This is the best stuff to use to kill them!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Whatever tuner told you it could not be done forgot to tell me and my car. I guess since my car is lowered and rides great it must be my imagination. I must stop drinking sake! :D :laugh: :p

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the way you have described the jacking sequence with the pictures. now can you do the whole procedure just like you did now for how to install the springs and shocks. With an explanation like you just gave for installing the springs then even a dumby could possibly do it. Obviously you have already installed the shock and cant do the same thing but can you at least take some pictures of the bolts that have to be taken off to remove the springs and shocks. i also would like to see some pictures on the new shocks. it's to bad you dont have an ACR because i need the same directions on how to adjust the ACR 2003 suspension. I want to lower it a bit but I know it will not go as low as replacing the springs.

Whatever pictures you can provide are much appreciated.

Thanks

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good info ab and snake bitten. I ordered my spring compressor from the guys link you sent me.

like warm apple pie.

I have the springs so now I have to wait for the compressor to come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viperkim