Who has the best Radar detector??

R

RTED

Check out www.speedzones.com for independent radar detector test. Ranks the Beltronics ****** X50 superior over the Valentine One. Tests were done based on best performing radar detector which is why you purchase one, not bells and whistles. Very close ratings......interesting reading! :usa:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have owned the Valentine and the ****** X50 -- and neither is better then the ****** SRX which I have installed in my Viper now. The X50 is about $300 compared to the $1600 price/installation for the ****** SRX. It is a superior product.... if you can not afford it, then go with the Valentine 1.

see: www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=1048

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maverik lets see some pictures of it installed in your car...Just want to see the look of the srx when its installed. I hate having loose wires etc. in my car.

You get what you pay for,****** SRX is the best there is...And it lets you know the direction of the laser, front or back .

You must be registered for see images

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ****** SRX has a radar detector and an active laser jammer that actually works. Mike has a nice pic of the SRX, no wires anywhere... mine is below the stereo system, as my pioneer you hit a button and the screen pops out to show the navigation system, since I have more space, the srx is below. As soon as I have pics, I'll post them.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You get what you pay for,****** SRX is the best there is...And it lets you know the direction of the laser, front or back .
That is a VERY *nice* install.

Too bad it doesn't have arrows for the regular radar, which I value more than being able to pick them up 10 miles away. But, as I recall, Valentine-1 has the patent on those, so I'll likely be staying with it.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn't have arrows for the regular radar, which I value more than being able to pick them up 10 miles away.
I don't understand why the directional arrows are so important. When I'm blasted from any direction, I'm slowing down until I'm no longer getting soaked in radar. It's nice to know where its coming from but that seems like a secondary concern vs. the primary concern is you are getting hit and best slow down NOW.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn't have arrows for the regular radar, which I value more than being able to pick them up 10 miles away.
I don't understand why the directional arrows are so important. When I'm blasted from any direction, I'm slowing down until I'm no longer getting soaked in radar. It's nice to know where its coming from but that seems like a secondary concern vs. the primary concern is you are getting hit and best slow down NOW.
Well, thats exactly the reason - you DON'T have to "slow down NOW", which can often be dangerous in traffic, etc, if you know where it is and can check it out. Sure, if you're by yourself and doing 30 over, it doesn't matter where the radar is - you look for it after you put out the parachute. There are many other instances where its useful and important to know. If you've never used a Valentine-1, try it and see if you find it useful. If you don't, then you don't want a Valentine-1. But, you might find that you find it as important as the numerous others with the same/similar experience.

NWDmax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you've had the arrows you won't go back.Wife keeps the ****** and I get the Valentine.With the arrow indicators you get a mental map of where the "known radar" is coming from so you don't have to dog the brakes every time you pass by the local mall or office supply store.We've got a sheriff here in town and he keeps his radar on stun all the time and I can tell by the arrows where he is and who he is almost every time.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of the other dash mount detectors Have the rear antenna for rear detection like the Valentine 1 ?? That seems like an important feature...AL...