Who here knows Stangs? Steeda info wanted

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the Mustang Steeda package? Is it from the factory? What years was it available?
Any info and opinions are appreciated?

Because this is the RT/10 & GTS section, I should mention that this car isn't as fast as a Gen I or II :p

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steeda ***** don't do it bro.

When you have a package done they skimp big time.

The only thing I will ever order for steeda is gauge pods and this last one i orderd I been waitin over a month for.

Example my cousin and his brother both had mustangs one was a 94 and one was a 95 (same exact car for both years) cousin 1 bought a procharger p1sc and a cat back, cousin 2 got a package from steeda and paid a pretty penny for it and cousin 1 ATE him from every type of race dead stop,30 roll , 50 roll ect.

and yes the steeda package did have a blower on it, along with heads/cam,rockers,pushrods,steeda intake ect.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good info. I am getting something for the wife for the summer.
I saw a Steeda Stang with a decent looking setup. But based on the info I have received I won't inquire any more about the Steedas.

Maybe a Saleen, not sure. My wife would like a convertible and she wants it to have some power too.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Saleen stangs are BAD ASP cars bvut honestly I think the best way to go is to pick out all the parts yourself and just buy a stang and have it installed.

for a GT I would suggest the following

Trickflow intake
P1 heads
Crane cams
Basani X pipe (comes with HF cats)
Flowmaster cat back
Mac headers
3:55 gears
BBK 75mm TB
Pro M mass air meter
Procharger p1 or d1 Sc (d1 would be more power)
Msd digital ignition/wires
Pro short throw shifter
Custom made blue chip

Now for an 03 and up cobra the following

Procharger conversion kit
Basani X pipes
Basani cat back
Basani headers
send the heads to greg good
crane cams
trickflow intake
BBK 75mm TB

Good luck

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was going to buy my wife a $35,000 car, it sure wouldn't be a Stang! :p

It would be RT/10. :2tu:

I might just pick up a GT with a SC/exhuast on it.
We'll see what comes up!

Let the search begin! :p

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, from my recollection of running Mustangs, Steeda makes some really nice parts. I just installed a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter in a buddy's Mustang Cobra a couple weekends ago. The piece was absolutely a work of art! Their road course experience is right up there with Saleen too. Generally, the Steeda-prepped Mustangs are done with more of a low-key, less "boy-racer" style than the Saleens and Roushes.

Christian

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey
Instead of giving you info from 3rd parties....blah blah. Try this.
I've had about 15 Mustangs. Steeda is not from the factory like Saleen is. Steeda is not recognized by Ford as a factory tuner. Saleen is the only one recognized by Ford. Steeda packages started around the mid 90's and varied from car to car. Steeda will sell you anything from a spoiler kit and sticker pkg. to a fully modified car(brakes,susp,blower,body parts). Saleen is actually listed in N.A.D.A. for new and used car values. It's hard to put a value on a Steeda car because they aren't listed.
You would be better getting a Saleen if you want a top of the line Mustang. The '94-'99 S351 are the baddest but the '03-'04 Saleen Cobra's or just a '03-04 Mustang Cobra have great potential also. Not all the 94-95 S351 came with a Vortech standard but almost half did. Here's a break down of all S351's made by Saleen:
'94- 46 cars made(13 were supercharged)
'95- 139 cars made(56+ were supercharged)
'96- 20 cars made +2 race cars(16 were supercharged)
'97- 40 cars made +5 race cars(all supercharged)
'98- 24 cars made +3 race cars(" " )
'99- 48 cars made,4 or 5 made w/a '2000 body and titled as '99(all supercharged)

All '97-99 came with a Vortech. They(Saleen) didn't really get the S351 right until 1997. That's when they put forged internals,bigger injectors,and a 6 spd. Most(not all) stock 94-96 S351 Vortech cars have popped the bottom end. My old '95 S351R popped(piston) with less than 8k miles.

Used Steeda Mustang sells for ?(whatever someone is willing to pay)
Used Saleens sell for ?(listed in NADA under classic and exotic)

You're right that a decent used Saleen($25-50k) could put you price wise with a Gen I or II RT/10. My '97 S351 stickered for $63,162 in 1997. That's real close to a '97 GTS in 1997.

There's some answers to your questions and probably more info than you needed but no b.s. All facts. Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Thanks for the GREAT info.
I ain't looking to spend $30k on her fun ride. Hell, she's lucky I am looking at all! :p

I have seen some Rouch2 stangs that she likes. But they are not Blown, at least not the ones I have seen.

There is a Mustang Tuner near to me with alot of experience, so the more mods the better.

Steeda is OUT. Saleen, Cobra, Rouch2 seem to be where the search is leading me.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saleen's are nice...My neighbour has one but got owned by the Vette...don't think his is blown.

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 1990 Saleen SC..What a blast it was to drive..Still wish I had it...But then again, its still no viper..

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had three Mustangs. I can't think of a company in the entire world that I hate more than Steeda (well, maybe Walmart). Read this thread about my experience attempting to buy a Steeda radiator, back in the day. The thread is pretty entertaining to me, as they essentially put me on a lifetime ban from ever ordering from them.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117510&page=1&highlight=steeda+radiator

Come to think of it, I do hate them more than Walmart. At least Walmart has good deals on Mobil 1 synthetic...

EDIT...haha here is my old avatar. I forgot about this...
You must be registered for see images

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ain't looking to spend $30k on her fun ride. Hell, she's lucky I am looking at all!

I hope you have plenty of beer to drink when me and the boys show up on the day your beast comes home from Heffners, otherwise I might just remember the above quote! :headbang:

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ain't looking to spend $30k on her fun ride. Hell, she's lucky I am looking at all!

I hope you have plenty of beer to drink when me and the boys show up on the day your beast comes home from Heffners, otherwise I might just remember the above quote! :headbang:

LOL!
Blackmail me to drink! That's a first! :D

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've owned 6 Stangs and really like Steeda. I personally wouldn't buy a real Steeda stang that is serialized. Too over priced. A lot of people say it's a Steeda Stang when it just has several Steeda parts on it. Steeda has always done me right. If it just has a lot of Steeda parts, it might be worth looking into if the price is right.

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd hold off, the Shelby Cobra GT500 is supposed to be out sometime as a 2006 model. Looks to be rated at 450+ HP bone stock...with a little pully mod...might hit 500.

And, list price is supposed to be about $35K.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Just get an '03 or '04 COBRA. Intake and exhaust mods alone will get you to 450HP. Pulley for more or more still get the Eaton ported. Gotta love the IRS versus the pending Shelby GT500 which will weigh 200 lbs. more and have a live rear axle.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an '04 Saleen Cobra S-281 speedster. Nice car, good balance, in excess of 400 hp @ the rear tires, irs, 6 spd, but a little expensive for a Mustang. Saleens are sold thru the Ford dealer network & have factory warrantys.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also recommend the 03/04 Cobra suggestion. A Kenne Bell Blower swap, along with tuner, catback, and mid pipe will you give you around 650 or so to the wheels on a conservative tune.

EDIT: By the way, the only thing I would get from Steeda is their tri-ax shifter. I have had the Pro 5.0 and stock shifters. I have to say that my friend's Tri-ax is a nice piece. However, I still wouldn't buy it because I detest the scumbags who work there.