Who is Ebay savvy?

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I realized that the terms said within 3 days of close, which is why I offered to double the deposit to verify I was in fact a serious buyer and had every intention of flying up there. I waited a week to talk to the guy "who knows the most about the car" only to talk to some idiot that couldn't answer the most basic questions.

"Does the car have any mods?"

"He didn't do nothin' to it I don't think."

"The exhaust tips look aftermarket...any work there?"

"I dunno."

"Can I speak to the owner?"

"He wants me to handle it."

I'll move on and they can kiss my ass. I have no intention of buying the car now. I'll keep pushing it with Ebay...maybe comment on all of their other ads or email other bidders for a week or two. Unfortunately I was behind the barn when they handed out maturity. Bygones? What's a bygone?!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 years from now you'll be over wanting to kick this guy's ass - probably a slow painful ass kicking too - but the experience and lessons of this transaction will be with you much longer. I've been doing ebay since early '00, and have learned a lot. I walk on auctions all of the time for some little thing that I know is a red flag. Stuff that years ago that could have bit me.

Moral of story: Fly out this weekend and kick this guy's ass and we'll think you're still a man Jason.

:D

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
10 years from now you'll be over wanting to kick this guy's ass - probably a slow painful ass kicking too - but the experience and lessons of this transaction will be with you much longer. I've been doing ebay since early '00, and have learned a lot. I walk on auctions all of the time for some little thing that I know is a red flag. Stuff that years ago that could have bit me.

Moral of story: Fly out this weekend and kick this guy's ass and we'll think you're still a man Jason.

:D

Weirdo art kid vs shop of bikers...I'm gonna need a bigger boat...

Speaking of backup, you making it down this weekend? I miss you :(

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just make sure that you give him a bad feedback like the other one he has. The more he gets, the lower the probability someone will inadvertently go through with a deal with him. I don't believe that a seller can give the buyer a negative feedback any more, so, there is no reason not to let other potential bidders know about him.

In the seller's defense, if you waited until after the auction ended to propose an alternate payment scheme, he may have thought that you were the kind that bids on auctions and then doesn't follow through. Especially if it has happened to him before.

I'd never agree to send $30k to an unknown seller while hoping that the sale wasn't a scam. A successful eBay auction scam was just reported on that other Viper forum just a few weeks ago (2001 GTS, yellow, no stripes, different VIN ). Guy sent the money. Seller disappeared. The displayed Viper didn't belong to the person that posted the auction and took the money.