Who is going to be the first to run Nitrous with a Roe Supercharger???

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has done this or is planing on running a small shot (75 HP) on a Roe supercharger? Just the cooling effect alone would add a nice kick. Using two 35HP jets (one per TB) running a dry shot with just the fuel injectors for enrichment seems like an best way to go. Probably would see 80-90 rwhp increase.

How do Lightning's run nitrous? or the '03 Cobras? I assume it's before the TB's but I don't know what they do to enrich the fuel. I don't like the idea of pressurized propane in the intake manifold. I think the standard NOS kit and the VEC2 programmed to run a little bit richer at WOT would be the best way to go. The problem may be the stock fuel pumps inability to supply enough fuel. Just looking for thoughts ;)

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't the Roe chargers use a bigger fuel pump? What do they use to supply more fuel?I think the colder intake temperatures from nitrous would make more power. a small shot would be a good idea. I've been thinking about using it on my DLM car too but i think the intercooler would be better. Let us know how it works.
The less things to go worng the better.

Max

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on now. What kind of sick individual would feel the need to run a supercharger AND nitrous on a viper???

Geez, the lust for horsepower on this board never ceases to amaze me :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sssshhhhhh........Like Ben said, who would be that stupid. Nitrous is bad for your engine, bad, bad, bad :)

p.s. Ben, I sent you an e-mail and it returned saying your box was full.

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So has anyone done it yet?I was wondering who would do it first and if propane would be mixed in just for kicks.

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't run propane without a blow-off plate. If you have propane contained between the bower and intake then have a backfire, it has nowhere to go. I don't know if there would be enough propane to send the blower through your hood but it most likely would damage the blower.

Just the cooling effect of nitrous would make a big difference as the blower gets heat soaked. The standard NOS kit comes with a fuel enrichment box which should be able to cope with a small shot. I hear it doesn't work too good with the Gen II motor but it may be enough.

Here is a chart with my calculations on jet size (2 jets) and HP gains (gains on a heat soaked blower would be higher). Start off with #14 and work your way up.

jet HP
14 18
18 30
20 36
22 44
24 52
26 62
28 70
30 82

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mes:
You wouldn't want to use the NOS controller. It just fools the car into thinking it is -40. You are already making similar adjustments with the VEC2. The only reason for that controller is for a dry set-up. You are better off adding fuel and forgetting the controller.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang