Who is going to Englishtown Regional Viper Rendezvous June 1-2 ?????

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3rd Annual Raceway Park Region Rendezvous.

Anybody going?
Any idea how many Vipers are coming?

Can we get a caravan from PA?

Lauri

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Rising Sun MD (a couple of miles from the PA-MD state line). If you're driving up on Friday evening I could meet you at the intersection of RT-10 and Rt-30.

Steve

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you're coming up on Friday, you may want to stay at the Colts Neck Inn. Plenty of safe parking and minutes from the track.

Great Steak House right next door.

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What????

Thats it????

4 guys going???

We had 80+ Vipers at Chucks B-B-Q...

Andrew and Steve, I will drive to Englishtown early saturday morning, I'll be happy to meet you there!

Lauri

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Red,

There will be tons of members there! We have great weather, great track, and great fun each and every time!

My guess? 45-75 Vipers!

We have an SCCA designed and "managed" autocross with plenty of instruction available, lots of drag time with instruction as well. Beautiful Winston Suite access (air conditioned and a perfect view of the track), breakfast, lunch and even a car show!

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there also. Hope we get a better turn out than this thread is indicating. I tried awhile ago to get some interest in renting the track on friday so we would get a reasonable amount of track time (ie not have to share with everyone under the sun) and got almost no response at all.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just had a great talk with our friends at Raceway Park! This event is going to be spectacular!

Here's some Q&A's that I just answered, and thought I should post 'em:

Q:To drag race or autocross, do I need a helmet?
A:Yes, and rentals are available for a modest fee from the Gift shop at Raceway Park (I believe $3.00)

Q:Any special classification for helmet?
A:Snell approved, although personally, if you're going to buy one, you should consider an SA2000 rated one.

Q:How about driving in shorts and T-shirt, it looks like its going to be a HOT day... Sometimes its OK to drive with shorts and no helmet, sometimes long cotton type pants, long sleeves and snell approved helmet is a must.
A:Long Pants, and at least short sleeves (no tank tops). Helmets ALWAYS mandatory.

Q:And do they allow driving RT/10 without top? I do have a Autoform top too, but would like to go *******!
A:We would suggest you put on a hardtop if you have it, although you will be able to enjoy the event with your soft-top as well. We would appreciate you bringing some type of top as this allows us to abide by NHRA rules.

Q:And can I have a spectator in the car too? I am coming with my 14 yeard old nephew, who is from Finland and least said SUPER EXITED to even see one Viper.....not to mention 40-70....
A:Spectators are welcome, and the fee is minimal. If you would like him to receive breakfast, lunch (catered) and quite a few gifts (T-shirt, key chain, dash plaque) you may want to pay the Viper spectator fee, rather than a general admission ticket. Please realize that there can be no passengers in the car while racing, but we have the entire hospitality suite, for spectators to relax and enjoy in air conditioned comfort.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
FYI:

We are expecting at least FIFTY participants on Saturday/Sunday!

Based on the predicted weather forecast (beautiful and sunny), This will probably be the largest turnout EVER!

If you see this post at the last minute...

Have no fear, just drive to RACEWAY PARK, and you can register at the gate!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm coming too! Looking forward to it. A friend and I have a mini-caravan, my GTS and his '69 Barracuda. Leaving first thing Saturday morning. See you all there!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok I'm back from Englishtown.I left about 12 am and now it's 7:41.I'm going to hook up the digital camera and hopefully try to post pics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21