Who is this dealer price gouging the srt-10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it. Let them try to sell it for as much as they can get. Didn't they try to do the same with the 92s?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know a dealer has it for sell? Every new one I have seen pics of has been on the dealers lot....that doesn't mean the dealer owns it. As in any e-bay auction if you don't want to buy it now then bid on it. The buy it now price doesn't mean that is the reserve. The black one on e-bay has a buy it now of 125k and it has already been proven that the reserve is less than 99k, After taxes he probably has 89k of his $$$ in it. I mess with real estate some and if I put my $89k in a house I expect more than 10k profit even if I resale it the next week. How much of a profit would you expect when you tie up 90 grand ?

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come to California. The dealers here make an attempt to sell every Viper for $20K over sticker.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, we will do it too!! Woodhouse would be happy to sell a new 2004 , and ...............................throw in a low mileage
94-96 RT-10 for the same price,ha!! Okay, we will toss in an extended warranty too. Heck , we will even bring back the old Woodhouse Meal Plan, which in this case would probably entail a Steak Dinner and a bottle of Cabernet!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free enterprise??? SINCE WHEN?
redface.gif

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cycleryan:
Looks like a Mazda or Toyota or something to me!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, amen to that!

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
I don't see a problem with it. Let them try to sell it for as much as they can get. Didn't they try to do the same with the 92s?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, in fact I had a buddy who bought a new Viper when they first came out.... he paid WELL over sticker... something like 10-15K over sticker.

He kept telling me..."I'll be able to sell this car in 5 years for 20K more than I am paying for it"..... I guess that didn't work out too well.

Hey Bill... .will you throw in the undercoating too?

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLEBYU - I'll trade you my 99 GTS straight up. It has AC and radio. Connolly interior, too. REAL pistons, not those girly-man Fisher-Price HE's ;-)

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't Kevin Costner pay $200,000 for a 92? I think there were a few others that paid that much as well.

OP
OP
H

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wished Dodge would have just told everyone that if first time buyers get a certificate and they dont want the car, then make it available to at least Viper owners (VCA members)even if they didn't but their Viper new. Doesn't owning a Viper have ANY meaning even if were are not the first owner. So I guess in order to be special to Dodge you have to be the first owner of a Viper to qualify for a certificate and they you have to go out and chase a 2003 and pay way over sticker. So where is it we have a chance to purchase the 03 for a fair price.

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am the dealer in question. I do not own the car. A Viper club member owns the car, and he has it on ebay. He just used my pics of the cars. He also has a dealers license, and there for the buyer can buy the car, and the title be in there name as the first owner. ALL my cars where sold before I ordered them, for much less than list price. How do you think I feel? Sticker is 83795 so if I had got sticker,(which I didn't) and he gets 125,000 I left 41,200 on the table, times five cars equals 206,025
whine
crying.gif
whine
crying.gif
whine....I know, I am breaking your heart!
smile.gif

Just think how bad I am going to lose my a$$ on that ACR WITH NO AIR on ebay! That should make you feel better
smile.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6209&item=1875696109&rd=1

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two German dealers (grey market) try to sell SRT-10s for Euro 125,000 and 138,000.
shake.gif
shake.gif
shake.gif

1 Euro is approx. 1 US$

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wayne, from what I have heard the owners with a certificate all bought their cars at around dealer invoice, hell the dealers cut each others throat so bad they where practically giving the cars away, so in that respect the program worked perfectly. The owners where the only ones allowed to buy SRTs, and the ones that bought, all got a race horse deal, and now have a chance to make some coin. It sound like sour grapes to me.

George... Thanks Man! that's the best offer today!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte