Who likes Stripes?

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering how many of you like the factory stripes. Are most of these able to be removed or painted on from the factory?

What is the process for removing them and is that expensive?

It seems that most GTS cars have them and I would have to remove them so trying to find out in advance if I should rule out those with stripes in my search.

Thank you.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All factory applied stripes are painted on. My advice is if you dont like stripes buy one without. You would spend a lot of money repainting the car to cover the stripes and would possible lower its value down the road.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you good to know. I don't mind them in certain color combos but I think it looks cleaner without in some cases. Really based on the color of the car and the color of the stripes and other mods/theme to the exterior.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes look better on coupes. RT/10's and Verts also look good with stripes but look even better without them IMO. Most new cars these day have vinyl stripes from the factory with the exception of the Viper. I can't think on any other cars with painted stripes these days.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both. I was actually going to put a tan "ghost " stripe against my emerald green to match my tan interior. Then I did my research and found they only made 27 with the green/tan color combo ... so now I'm just keeping it original. Man, I can still see it in my minds eye ... that would look sweet!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like both, I have a solid red but if I had a choice between solid and strips at the time of purchase with all things equal including price I would pick stripes if they were factory

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup please keep it original and to be honest if you did the tan ghost strip even if you loved it most I feel would not and you would be tanking the value of a perfectly good color combo...if you recently purchased your viper I think you have the same car someone in my club was going to buy

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup please keep it original and to be honest if you did the tan ghost strip even if you loved it most I feel would not and you would be tanking the value of a perfectly good color combo...if you recently purchased your viper I think you have the same car someone in my club was going to buy

Yep JV, she's gonna stay "au naturale" now. I just couldn't see doing that no matter how much I thought I'd like it. It was gonna be so faint you'd have to get up close to see it. Can't mess with 1 of 27 though.
Yes, I did recently purchase her... it was on ebay this past February sitting in NC and I fell in love. According to the MDH tag inside the door, my girlfriend turned 18 on June 3rd this year... my wife hates it when I say that! :lmao:
If it is the same car, tell them she went to a good home for sure. One day I googled the VIN# and found some cool pics on the viper historical society... RV101856.
Hey IDM, I think it's clear these cars are great now matter what paint scheme! Go with what you like and what you believe in.:headbang:

01rt10outlaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
love stripes, currently stripeless, thinking of going black stripes on red 01 rt, or maybe silver on red, or maybe white on red.......soo confused, ordered the vynal kit in black.....will see.....kind of wish i got kit in silver........dammmmmit !!!!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
love stripes, currently stripeless, thinking of going black stripes on red 01 rt, or maybe silver on red, or maybe white on red.......soo confused, ordered the vynal kit in black.....will see.....kind of wish i got kit in silver........dammmmmit !!!!
outlaw, what color interior?

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like with, but my gts is all red. I was also thinking of putting strips on, but not sure on the colour. White, silver, black, to many options. :dunno:

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who cares what other people like, you should pick what you like most and run with it. If you're undecided, you need to see some in person, both with and without if you haven't already, before deciding. I think there are a fair number of both striped and non-striped out there too.

As for removing stripes, unless you are hell-bent on a color that only comes with stripes, don't bother unless you're prepared to repaint. If it doesn't have stripes and you want them, any professional shop can do it.

Forget about decreasing the value of the car unless it has very low miles and is in pristine condition.

I'm partial to stripes, but if you can't decide, I recommend getting one without, that way you can always have some painted on later if you so choose.

Happy hunting.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mine has the factory stripes. Porsche and Vette owners wave when I drive by , so it must be a popular combo :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stripes look better on coupes. RT/10's and Verts also look good with stripes but look even better without them IMO. Most new cars these day have vinyl stripes from the factory with the exception of the Viper. I can't think on any other cars with painted stripes these days.

You forgot that the ACR's look good with stripes, also.;)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forgot that the ACR's look good with stripes, also.;)

Absolutely ! They mostly fall into the coupes category. I like the stripes over the roof. Coupes have more of a racing look by nature and Verts and Targa's more of a GT look IMO.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like stripes. I have been contemplating around the idea of putting them on my 94. Anyone knows a good shopp arround Toronto?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang