Who likes Stripes?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Preferred the stripeless version on my 2 Sapphire GTS'S, But could not imagine My White Coupe without Blue stripes........So I guess i'm saying depends on the color

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread would have been so much better if everyone included pics, especially before and after!

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before and After. With Stripes is right after I had the front fascia repainted and yes they did not center the Viper Badge. It has since been Corrected. I am so glad I did the stripes.
You must be registered for see images attach

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All factory applied stripes are painted on. My advice is if you dont like stripes buy one without. You would spend a lot of money repainting the car to cover the stripes and would possible lower its value down the road.

I believe the 1996 RT/10s have vinyl striped that were cleared over. Only year they did that too. JonB or Chuck Tator would know for sure.

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I couldn't imagine ruining a perfectly good pair of silver stripes. :dunno: Disregard the smudge of wax I missed down by the passenger side fog light. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before and After. With Stripes is right after I had the front fascia repainted and yes they did not center the Viper Badge. It has since been Corrected. I am so glad I did the stripes.

I have an observation. On Vipers with plain hood the stripes are really needed, the hood is so huge and looks so plain without them.

On the later years where the hood has the inlet in front and outlet on the sides, stripes are less necessary to break up the large hood because of the other features. That is my opinion.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an observation. On Vipers with plain hood the stripes are really needed, the hood is so huge and looks so plain without them.

On the later years where the hood has the inlet in front and outlet on the sides, stripes are less necessary to break up the large hood because of the other features. That is my opinion.

Hey, I resemble that remark...:omg: My owner says I'm "Beautiful" so I'll listen to him :D

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are beautiful in any form! My dads was a 96 RT/10 White with blue stripes was really nice. And when the chrome wheels started to peel it looked like he had bronze wheels which looked cool too.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 3 favorite color stripe combos in order but all amazing...

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my "old man silver" GTS. As others said, it depends on the color. Of course, no stripes = less attention = less people taking video of me while driving around?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great idea on the 'before and after' pics

before:

Last edited:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great idea on before and after pics!

after
You must be registered for see images

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm torn while currently shopping. I always hated stripes on cars and preferred the sanitary solid color look. However, the Viper is one car with which I can go either way. I'm considering both black and sapphire cars with silver (factory) stripes, along with a solid black. If the striped cars end up being the best deals, I figure I can always tame the stripes by overlaying with matte black on the black car or dark graphite on the sapphire car. We'll see...

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely love the look the stripes give. My GTS doesn't have them however I wouldn't mind them. The Viper has such an awesome body design that I don't think it will ever fade. It was definitely a head of its time when first introduced. The car with or without stripes looks perfect.

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love mine!

Attachments

• snake1.jpg
    snake1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 25
  • snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 40
  • snakeblk.jpg
    snakeblk.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stripes for me but also like cars with no stripes. All vipers are cool.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think on Gen II's, stripes are a must, particularly with the huge expanse of hood, and no body panel gaps to break anything up. On Gen III & IVs, I prefer them just as much with as without.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well there you go then, sounds like if you get a Gen I you're going to need to get some stripes on it. If it's a Gen II+, you can do without.

I think all Vipers look good with stripes, some look good without them. I agree with Leadfoot, it depends on the color. If I got a Viper without stripes, it would either be all black or all white. I think those colors look great solid on Vipers. Just my $.02.

I've always wondered what the blue Vipers would have looked like without white stripes. Anyone good with Photoshop on here?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there you go then, sounds like if you get a Gen I you're going to need to get some stripes on it. If it's a Gen II+, you can do without.

I think all Vipers look good with stripes, some look good without them. I agree with Leadfoot, it depends on the color. If I got a Viper without stripes, it would either be all black or all white. I think those colors look great solid on Vipers. Just my $.02.

I've always wondered what the blue Vipers would have looked like without white stripes. Anyone good with Photoshop on here?

There are some GTS blue gen3 and gen4 coupes without stripes I think. Not bad but I like the stripes on the blue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang