Who RE-Flashes PCMs? Im Running Rich!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car pops way too much on decel and sometimes so loud that it scares my passengers and drivers around me. i love it personally! i know by running rich i'm also going a bit slower. who could reflash my PCM and lean it out a bit and what does it cost? any recommendations? thanks

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DC Performance

dcperformance.com , about $600 for reflash if you send your computer or $900 for whole new computer already flashed. Nice power gained in midrange

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you worried because you got beat by Dave last time we went out to the car show?? haha. Just kidding. Hope it gets fixed soon! Are you going on the 12th?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the DC flash. You will love it. Mid range power and throttle response are greatly improved.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok great.. will try to do it sometime this week. BTW hows that throttle body you recently bought? worth the $500?

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am now on my 3rd computer. I have the stock one, the mopar performance one that didn't controll the A/C well and the new mopar performance one. When I dyno'd with the first performance one I was a little rich. I guess my question is, could the first performance one be reflashed and control the A/C? I'd like to leave my stock one alone and since this one works the A/C fine, I guess the one to play with would be the first performance one. Does anyone out there do their tuning with a laptop? Where do you get the software/hardware?

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am now on my 3rd computer. I have the stock one, the mopar performance one that didn't controll the A/C well and the new mopar performance one. When I dyno'd with the first performance one I was a little rich. I guess my question is, could the first performance one be reflashed and control the A/C? I'd like to leave my stock one alone and since this one works the A/C fine, I guess the one to play with would be the first performance one. Does anyone out there do their tuning with a laptop? Where do you get the software/hardware?

excuse me for asking, but i thought mopar only had 1 performance computer....
whats wrong with the "new" mopar one?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car pops way too much on decel and sometimes so loud that it scares my passengers and drivers around me. i love it personally! i know by running rich i'm also going a bit slower. who could reflash my PCM and lean it out a bit and what does it cost? any recommendations? thanks

We're the same way, Dimitrios....and also love the popping on decel...we had it tuned at RomarRacing with Kyle, and got the best a/f mixture we could after a few dyno pulls in the heat/humidity last year....still pops, but since we enjoy it, we will leave it as it is. But, we'd love to hear who could do your reflash, so we could have that in mind for future use....thanx...juli

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine still pops a bit but nowhere near as much. the DC program was my best performance mod yet. In fact, it was the only one I could really feel the difference. Floor the car stock @ 2500-3500 and you get a bit of a hesitation, floor it with the progamming and it is instant forward motion.

I still havent had a chance to install the throttle body but should get to it in a week or so.

You going to Pocono? Dave going? I am definitely going to need his expertise on the longer track.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey nader, we were thinking about going. not sure as of yet but if we roll out wed night we should meet somewhere and drive together...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. I am driving up wednesday night for sure. I drove up to Limerock in the morning and had to get up at 4:30. Pocono is going to be great. 2.5 miles and 3/4 of it on the nascar track.

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evo, I bought my first mopar performance computer as soon as they came out and they did not control the a/c well. Freon vented, a/c would freeze up etc. They evidently fixed the problem and now the performance computer has an AB at the end of the part number. You are correct, they only have one performance controller, but you want the latest version if you really are going to do it. I am not aware if there were any other changes other than to fix the a/c problem, which by the way I have had no a/c issues with the AB version. Having said all that, if I were to do it all again, I still think other than the exhaust, the mopar performance stuff (cam and controller) are not worth it.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep in mind the only programming with the AC problem is the Mopar. Not the DC.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If choosing between vec3 and reflash: if normally aspirated, go with reflash for sure. If Supercharged or turboed, your call,but get a/f ratio very rich, around 11 to 1.

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine still pops a bit but nowhere near as much. the DC program was my best performance mod yet. In fact, it was the only one I could really feel the difference. Floor the car stock @ 2500-3500 and you get a bit of a hesitation, floor it with the progamming and it is instant forward motion.

I still havent had a chance to install the throttle body but should get to it in a week or so.

You going to Pocono? Dave going? I am definitely going to need his expertise on the longer track.

Whats the scoop on the throttle body? How much HP does it add?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look in performance Modifications forum. There is a post there from X Metal called GenIII Throttlebody. All in the information is there including pics.

Looks like you get 10-15hp on the top end. Not bad and it sure is pretty.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went out to the garage after a shower to dry off some more and thought I'd open the hood and stand off somewhat towards the drivers side front.........car still runs the same.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BENEFITS OF HAVING YOUR ECM REPROGRAMMED AFTER ALL YOUR MODS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED

This DC Performance ECM Upgrade is a plug and play mod. We had a custom program made for our highly modified test mule ( Viper ), and put it in a new ECM so we could retain the old one for EMISSION TESTING and FOR WHEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOU VIPER INTO THE DEALER FOR WORK TO BE DONE. This is very important as the dealer has a bad habit of downloading any new updates into your car when it is in for service. If the dealer does this will overwrite the custom program. All you need to do is spend 10 minutes swapping the ECM's over when the car is cold. The one thing you need to do before installing this upgrade program is to install a new 180 degree thermostat as the upgrade reprograms the temperature so that the fan comes on at a lower temperature and make it cycle longer. It is also very important to specify what gasoline octane is available in your area as this is also entered into the program.

The car runs much smoother.
The car run quieter.
The engine temp on a 90 degree day never gets above 185.
The oil temp on a 90 degree day never gets above 200 even with the A/C running.
The car is a hole lot cooler when the A/C is running as the engine coolant is cooler making the engine run cooler therefore you get cooler inside the car.
The car no longer has any popping when you let off on the gas.
The car has a very smooth acceleration right to red line and is much smoother and sounds better than the stock ECM.
I have found that my fuel mileage has increased a little bit to.
The car has a lot more jump to it when cruising and flooring the gas. Same holds true for mid range accelerations.
We find that now you can drive in 5th gear or 6th gear the car really pulls when passing a slower car.