Who should I goto to get work done on my GTS in South Florida

shaunxcool

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for a good shop/person to get some work done on my 98 GTS roughly around Palm Beach. Additionally I need help determining some modifications made by a prior owner. Finally looking for a recommended place to dyno. Thanks in advance.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The West Coast uses DC Performance. There may be other shops (Valaya?) closer that can do the job, but most of the Viper world recognizes Dan Cragin as one of the best in the bus. So if it's a complicated tune, a problem or previous modifications he's the man you're looking for. He's also a VCA sponsor

Ted

OP
OP
S

shaunxcool

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response and I appreciate the info but those gentlemen are located over on the west coast correct? I was looking for something in the South Florida area around Palm Beach.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, sorry ... I see now that it says Plam Beach Fl. not Cal.

I own 2 GTSs (2000ACR and 2001GTS) both supercharged, exhausted, My 2001 GTS has cam, headers, Fidenza, short shifter, Nitrous, pistons, rockers, etc etc, The ACR has a Paxton supercharged Nitrous with "Intercooler Chiller" etc. Both cars built by Macedo Motorsports (M2) in Florida. My 2000 ACR has 802 on Larry's dyno sheet. My 2001 GTS has an engine that Larry built. Wife and I flew to Orlando and rented a car to go to Larry's shop and meet him. He helped me by digging up old receipts etc. and giving me the straight history on the ACR I just bought from Phoenix.

Even if Jacksonville is a bit of travel I recommend getting him to do your work. He and Sean Roe are the Florida Tuners like DC is the western Tuner. Walk into a Viper tuner's shop and see many Vipers parked there is the shops recommendation.

Macedo Motorsports - High Performance products & service for your Viper, Porsche, Corvette, Ferrari, Hummer, Hemi Ram & more!!!

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Levin of DLM performance is in davie (ft lauderdale). you cant beat his knowledge and service in south florida.

call him 954-434-9356

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Florida you have Macedo, Heffner, and Levin.

For the Palm Beach area, Doug Levin is your closest option. Just down I-95.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fl is 1st class tuner rich, :2tu:

those listed already all worth the drive, :drive:

even dc performance :D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All are good guys that are listed in Florida, but Doug Levin is obviously the closest by quite a bit. Long drive from Palm Beach to check out the other guys, but I could easily recommend any of them.

1. Doug Levin -- Miami metro area
2. Sean Roe - Jacksonville metro area
3. Jason Heffner - Tampa/St. Pete metro area
4. Larry Macedo - Orlando metro area

That should put these Viper shops in better perspective geographically.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All are good guys that are listed in Florida, but Doug Levin is obviously the closest by quite a bit. Long drive from Palm Beach to check out the other guys, but I could easily recommend any of them.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

as usual, bill nailed it. good post ! pos rep :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

I'll second that.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's start with pinning down the facts. What are the existing mods that you want checked? Depending on what they are, you may only need a Viper tech who has experience with headers, roller rockers, intake, etc. If that is the case, there are two Viper techs at Univerity Dodge in Davie, Florida ( about 45 miles from you) who could help you. Mike or Ray. If it involves a more than stock kit supercharging system and it is a centrifugal supercharger, you need to have Doug look at it. If it is a Roe supercharger, the best person would be Sean himself.

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are just looking for some dyno time go to jack cecil@Hp logic in west palm/royal palm. Hes mostly known in the GT-R world, but could tune anything from rx-7's to twin turbo LSx's. 561-842-8333

And can also go there for some baseline numbers.(mustang dyno)

Doug levin is the man to go to for anything viper oriented, hes right in davie.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun, I'm in Jupiter. If you want to meet up. I can take a look and tell you whats done to it. But for any wrenching, Doug Levin is your man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine